Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sky only issue amstrad sky + boxes

This is a discussion on sky only issue amstrad sky + boxes within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Faust It's more than quietness, the Pace PVR's are much more reliable and robust than the Amstrad ...

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky only issue amstrad sky + boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      It's more than quietness, the Pace PVR's are much more reliable and robust than the Amstrad boxes. We have two Pace PVR's but then I go to my local independent for my Sky hardware not Sky - same deals but you can select the box of your choice and the installer will call at a time convenient to suit you. If I had to have and Amstrad box then I would decline the Sky service.
      As with all these things, everyones mileage will vary. Some people will have different experiences with different manufacturers and have different preferences. I have had zero problems with either the Amstrad or the Pace PVR's.

I always remember hearing that Amstrad were being sued over their use of the description 'Hi-Fi'. Some one decided their new purchase was far from High Fidelity!
      There is no p in Thomson.

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killz 187 View Post
      just had sky + box installed today i asked the installer if he had any other boxes besides amstrad and he said no coz sky have bought the amstrad company so they only issue these boxes now .what i want to know is this true coz i wanted the pace box for my sky +. i spent 99 the sky box so i should at least choose what i want
      It depends what the stores have at the time & what the engineer has been issued or in the van.Sky use different makes apart from Amstrad.The engineer was telling you porkies.
      If it was the case that Sky only ue Amstrad,then the BBand routers would also be Amstrad then,would'nt they?

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I'm amazed Amstrad still make any kind of electronic equipment. I got the impression that the company's only trading activity related to their programme on the BBC.

And my first Sky satellite receiver - a 16-channel Amstrad - was not a very impressive bit of kit. It developed a fault in the automatic frequency control, which meant that rather than adjusting the tuning to the centre frequency of a channel, it would go to the centre frequency and then after about a second, detune itself so you were left with a screenful of "sparklies". (Apparently, it was a very common fault). Oh and it couldn't select the fifth and sixth audio channels, although that wasn't too much of a problem.

It was a relief to get a nice, smart Pace receiver after that. Served me well, right up until I went digital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12