Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have Sky changed their business model?

This is a discussion on Have Sky changed their business model? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Well maybe he may be interested to hear from you the reponse that you have had? May at least confirm ...

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Have Sky changed their business model?

Well maybe he may be interested to hear from you the reponse that you have had? May at least confirm that what he says is either true or not

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Sky Churn to rise considerably and that they don't expect them to hit their 10 million customer target either
      I am willing to make a bet on that one..... 100?

Sky have the BB market sown up, they just need to improve on communication for those that have problems with it.

The only other real contender is Be* / o2 for price or anywhere near the same features etc.

The smaller ISP's are going to struggle to keep their customers, when you think about it Sky have probably only just got the message across that they do BB

I heard a figure quoted that something like 23 million leaflets went out a few months ago in just one month. How many other companies have that sort of resources to send that many leaflets out in just one month?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

No not at all as they have already issued me with a MAC code for messing up the original migration and I have had a letter from them stating I will be released from the contract without penalty due to their poor performance should I wish to leave.
      Okay fair play. Good to see sky were prepared to release you from the contract

Even if this wasn't the case they cannot make you continue to take their t.v. package just because you have BB. They could of course dump you from your BB service but what would that achieve?
      I think your contract dictates otherwise and you would have to pay the exit penalty of (the minimum sky tv sub) + (your bb sub) * number of months left.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have just finished reading a very interesting City report from Morgan Stanley which has downgraded Sky stock as they expect Sky Churn to rise considerably and that they don't expect them to hit their 10 million customer target either. I have also been reading a very interesting article from Mark Anderson Sky's head of retention and new business (both areas now integrated) which if you believe him then what he says is completely contrary to the response I received.
      care to post the links so we can all read the full article. It'd be good to read them.

Exchange:
      Thanks

last quarters financial report shows that churn is at a 3yr low

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...2007_FINAL.pdf

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post

I heard a figure quoted that something like 23 million leaflets went out a few months ago in just one month. How many other companies have that sort of resources to send that many leaflets out in just one month?
      As a postman i can verify that that fact wholeheartedly

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      care to post the links so we can all read the full article. It'd be good to read them.
      I have found the one from Anderson as I saved the Link. The one from Morgan Stanley I am struggling to find but believe me it exists. I will keep looking. Trouble is my browser deletes everything on exiting.

Sky's battle for customer share - Brand Republic Login - Brand Republic

N.B. the reason I haven't posted the above as a link is because if I do it changes to a register and login before you can read it. If you type it in to address bar you can then read full article.
      Well I have as I said I would cancelled Sky Movies this evening and do you know what - retentions made not one bit of effort to change my mind. They just said "cancelling movies OK, that's done your payment will be blah blah from next month" To be quite frank given their couldn't care less attitude has confirmed to me that I am making the right choice and I will now start to actively look at alternatives and drop the rest of the mixes a.s.a.p.

Sky only seem interested in families and families in the right age category i.e. kids pestering mums and dads for channels, sport for dad, shopping opportunities for mum etc. My wife and I are past all that now so not the same ARPU though I would have thought 800 per year was a reasonable ARPU even by Sky's standards.
      Last edited by Faust; 27-03-08 at 08:43 PM.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: above, I can't stop it putting in a link which then includes a login. I advise doing a Google then clicking on search find and you will then be able to read article - sorry everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12