Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing card problem and replacement

This is a discussion on Viewing card problem and replacement within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I started having problems with my Sky yesterday with the picture disappearing and a screen coming up saying there ...

andyoldmaid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Viewing card problem and replacement

Hi,

I started having problems with my Sky yesterday with the picture disappearing and a screen coming up saying there was a problem with the viewing cards. After removing it a few times and pushing it back in the picture came back for around 10 and then the same message came up with no picture.

I rang up customer services and they took me through some procedures which didnt fix the problem so they said they would need to send a replacement viewing card as it might be a problem with the card itself. They said it would take 3-5 days to arrive.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you receive the replacement quickly?

My concern now is whether I will receive this card in time for Easter.

They have in the meantime cancelled the other card so I now only have several channels.

I am a bit annoyed that they are saying it will take 3-5 days. Surely the least they could do is post it 1st class.

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      jonny1310 is offline Banned for stealing our content
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Viewing card problem and replacement

In the system that sky use there is no option to send it first class it gets delivered by parcelforce and royalmail usually and there is some people that recieve routers the next day so there could be a chance of you recieving it on tuesday.

andyoldmaid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok thanks. Hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday then. As long as I have it by Thursday and will be happy (ish!)

morph_8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: tonyrefail
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

i got the same trouble only they told me that they can not request a replacement card until 5 days after my first one was issued then it would take 3-5 days to get to me this is after i have spent the last 2 days on and off the phone to technical support trying to sort it out i`m totally ****** off with them now if i had an olternative supplier for phone tv and broadband in one i`d be off like a shot