Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

losing 16:9

This is a discussion on losing 16:9 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Have just started getting on certain sky channels the screen size automatically changes. For instance, I could be watching sky ...

darnius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01256
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

losing 16:9

Have just started getting on certain sky channels the screen size automatically changes. For instance, I could be watching sky one @ screen size of 16:9, and switch to channel five and size changes to 4:3, I can go back to sky one and screen goes back to 16:9. This always happens on channel 5 and lots of others. Also i could be watching a program @ 16:9, and when the adverts are on it goes to 4:3 and back to 16:9 when the program comes back on. Extremely annoying. Any help you could direct my way will be greatly received.

2. Advertisement
      LizardT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: fleetwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: losing 16:9

same here as well...always wondered if it was just me or other ppl have the same problem...at least i know im not the only one now

Martin T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mannofield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

You may have a TV that automatically sets the screen ratio:

My Panasonic TV has this. Most of the time it is ok but occasionally it jumps between other sizes depending on the programme etc. If your TV has this function then it should let you set it permanently to 16:9.

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darnius View Post
      Have just started getting on certain sky channels the screen size automatically changes. For instance, I could be watching sky one @ screen size of 16:9, and switch to channel five and size changes to 4:3, I can go back to sky one and screen goes back to 16:9. This always happens on channel 5 and lots of others. Also i could be watching a program @ 16:9, and when the adverts are on it goes to 4:3 and back to 16:9 when the program comes back on. Extremely annoying. Any help you could direct my way will be greatly received.
      This is the way your TV is meant to work! The screen is keeping the correct aspect ratio for the material.

If you really don't care about keeping the correct aspect ratio then theres probably a menu to turn off signalling. Alternatively you could switch to using the VCR scart output from the STB, which doesnt have the aspect ratio signalling on pin 8.
      There is no p in Thomson.