Results 1 to 5 of 5
This is a discussion on Cancellation Query? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hiya Guys and Girls. Just have a few questions, I make use of Sky's email addresses (Only ones not blocked ...
- 28-02-08, 06:02 PM #1Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
Hiya Guys and Girls.
Just have a few questions, I make use of Sky's email addresses (Only ones not blocked in School), We have just cancelled our services. So I was wondering when will our email service stop, Is there any lean-over period or do the accounts stop on the day of cancellation (or earlier?).
Another question, Do Sky cancellations always lie? I was eavesdropping on the conversation and on several occasions the agent (Helena) lied. We told them we already had Virgin Media and this is some of the responces we got;
- "Do you take the so called V+ HD box" - Yes "Well, You do know its NOT HD and it is just a basic Sky+" - Uhmm, No it isn't, The V+ has Three Tuners (Sky+ has Two) and it is a HD box, Virgin Media may not have many HD channels, But it is a pretty decent upscaler.
- "Also, You have to pay to record on Virgin, My sister does" - O.K, Are you sure about that?
- "Sky is much better value, For £46.50, We can give you Movies and Sports, As you have been enjoying for almost 17 years" - Wow! For £43.50 (1/2 6 Months) we get Movies, Sports (Setanta also) tons of VOD, 20Mb Broadband and XL Talk oh and an extra V+ for free.
- "You do know you will be lucky to get 20Mb on Virgin Media, Alot of ISPs say they can offer you high speeds and you will be lucky to get them, My checker says you can only get 8Mb" - Right, What checker was you using, It was clearly inaccurate,
- Download Speed: 20377 kbps (2547.2 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.8 KB/sec ) on Virgin Media (Exactly what Virgin Media said) and
- Download Speed: 18944 kbps (2368 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 1945 kbps (243.2 KB/sec ) on the Office Be line (Again, Exactly what Be said they could get). Only if Sky sales was more honest, "You can get 14.5Mb - We are lucky to get ~11Mb at the moment (Although for £10 it is still a pretty decent package).
- "Virgin Media don't have their own Sports or Movies channels, They are from Sky" OK - So what? My dad responded "I work most of the time, The only time I watch a movie is late at night and they are all repeats" Agent : "I can understand, They are repeats, But they are from Sky, They aren't going to change on Virgin Media" - So atleast you are honest in a sense they are mainly repeats, How can you justify the costs for them then...?
- "Sports, I see you support Manchester United, Sir. We have alot more games then Virgin Media" - Contradiction, I thought Sky Movies and Sky Sports aren't going to change on Virgin Media they are the same.. (Minus Red button). My dad responds "Well, Alot of the games are on Setanta - This way we save £30 a month (£10x3) as we get it included too"
- "I see you work alot of varying hours, You are aware you can catchup your TV shows on Sky Anytime, You can't get this on Virgin Media" - Bloody hell Im pretty sure 200+ Hours of Virgin on Demand is better then the (imo) pretty dire Sky Anytime.
- 28-02-08, 06:13 PM #2
- 28-02-08, 06:20 PM #3Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
Re: Cancellation Query?
I wasn't paying lol, But I see what you mean.
We have 4 HD Boxes - £30 for Multiroom, £40 for HD. Thats £70 a Month for just the boxes. £46.50 for 6 Mixes and Sports, Thats then £116.50. Add £10 for Broadband and £5 for Sky talk thats £131.50 and the extra £5 is the admin charge. Then £30 to Setanta as we have Setanta on three of the boxes.
So its a pretty big saving and we haven't lost anything (really, As the SkyOne content is available elsewhere) infact we have gained a fair bit.
- 02-03-08, 06:06 PM #4Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
Re: Cancellation Query?
Sorry for the bump
Just hoping that someone that has the answer may have missed this thread
Just in case my post wasn't clear (I probably just babbled on), Does anyone know once you have cancelled Sky (inc Broadband) how long is it before your emails stop working? Is there a possible chance you can buy them off Sky? As I have mine (so do other family members) linked to eBay, PayPal etc and it would be a nuisance (sp?) having to go and change it and also, Not very safe knowing that someone could (possibly) come and register the same email (once it has been deleted from our account).
I have asked this to Sky who, Well aren't pretty sure at all.
- 09-03-08, 10:46 AM #5
Re: Cancellation Query?
It should be possible to make an arrangement with Sky to pay a sum of money for them to forward email from these email addresses to another email address. This could be an annual fee or a lump sum for a lifetime of email forwarding.
I personally don't use an ISP's email address in case I leave and have the problem you have. Using an independent Gmail account means that when/if I change ISP I don't risk losing my email facility. As it happens Sky now use Gmail for their email so the service is pretty much the same but being independent means no worries should I decide to leave.
As regards all your Sky HD boxes do you really have four people watching different channels at the same time? If not you can use a lesser number of HD boxes and magic eyes for changing the channel in another room.