Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No signal

This is a discussion on No signal within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Just wondering if anyone can help me? A message keeps coming up on my screen saying no signal is being ...

philb26 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No signal

Just wondering if anyone can help me? A message keeps coming up on my screen saying no signal is being received, with either 25 or 29 in the bit where it says "for your information". I live in a block of flats with a communial system which is no more than three years old. The loss of signal can happen at any time of the day and in any weather. Sometimes the message will be up for a few hours, sometime as little as a few seconds. After contacting sky and going through a few checks and stuff with them they said the problem wasnt from their end, so we were to contact the housing association to get the communial system looked at. The engineer came out (on a day when it wasn't losing its signal) and tested the whole system from in our house and directly at the amp and dish etc only to come to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with it. After that it worked perfectly for about 2 weeks then started playing up again. I have been to the neighbours and none of them seem to be having this problem. After reading many posts on many forums I have not been able to find a solution. PLEASE HELP! This has been going on for nearly 2 months and its drivin me nuts!
      p.s sorry bout the long post, just wanted to squash in as many details as possible.
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: No signal

If it isn't happening at your neighbours then perhaps it is an isure with your box. Have you tried removing the card and unplugging it from the mains before starting it back up again.

philb26 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah tried that but nothing happened. Also tried going into the LNB settings and turning off the LNB power supply and the 22KHz command, still nothing. If there was an issue with the box is there no way the engineers meter thingy (like a big box with some buttons on it! lol) would have picked up the fault while the box was receiving a signal?
      Other info I've read suggests that because its a communial system, sometimes when one of the neighbours is on a certain channel (channel five was an example) this can interfere with somebody elses box. Also somebody suggested that someone may have an illegal box and this can screw your signal up. Are either of these 2 true at all?

mikehodge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

all you need to do mate is press services,4,0,1, select and do a full system reset this should sort it no prob, but you may lose any stored programs, email me and let me know if this has worked, it did for me!

WayneM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I had this and cured it by resetting the transponder in services ~ 4 ,0 ,1 then menu 2 then press red to reset settings.

It's a fault that's affecting a lot of people at the moment and Sky seem to be trying to work out why it's happening.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

i will sometimes get the No Signal message, unfortunatly my problem is down to the neighbour a few doors down, he has a tree in the direct line the dish is . the tree is at an angle away, but when the wind blows the wrong way i end up with problems
      anyone know any tree pirates who could sneak into his garden and chop it down

KingOfKings is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had that problem. Wasn't the dish it was the box. Phoned Sky about it went through the problems nothing could be solved. So they sent round an engineer. They changed the box.

Phunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have the same problem and i've got Sky HD coming to be installed soon so fingers crossed the new box sorts things out!

GAZZA101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi All
      I just bought a second hand Sky + Box. I get the same message.My old skybox is picking up fine so I thought this must be a problem with the box.I took it back to the guy that I bought it off and he rigged it up and hey presto its up and running? Very confusing I must say.I also wanted to use the above mentioned remedy (as I have tried most other ways including the hold back up page tecnique) But unfournunetly the box came without
      a controler as the guys dog had it ;-) (hence the bargain deal) Am awaiting one from ebay. Why is the old box getting a signal and the latest one not??
      Many thanks for any help

GWRInc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I am convinced that it is a ploy to encourage punters to sign-up for maintenance services. Funny how the software bomb goes off after the first year.