Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote?

This is a discussion on Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi! Please can anyone tell me what is Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote used for? ...

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote?

Hi! Please can anyone tell me what is Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote used for? How this works? Is there anyway I can some get more information for this Message Alert?

That will be good for my parents, as they don't know how to use a PC or don't want to use a PC. I was thinking, if I created 2 Sky.com email addresses for my parents and programme it (or call Sky) onto my parent's Sky digibox (using the same viewing card number inside their sky digibox) in the living room, so that my family and relatives can send a email or text message to them (just in case, something come up urgently). All my parents got to do is press the Yellow button and its comes up on the screen, simply as that. This will be perfect for my parents!!

Cheers!

2. Advertisement
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Re: Message Alert function using the Yellow button from Sky Remote?

Ah, ha!! Now I find out why Message Alert is not avaible anymore. I'm not very happy about it, missing out this feature before, I wish they'll put this feature back on and I can't wait for them to finish with their "enhanced range personal communication services". I have gather quite a lot of information from the internet, but its quite old, but here goes:

talk21 has gone downhill
      and

Sky Active Email - Google Search

and then from Sky web site, it says:

This service is no longer available on Sky Active.

To continue to use the service, visit the website and sign in with your email address and password.

There are currently no other email services on Sky Active. Sky is working to offer an enhanced range personal communication services to all of its customers, which will be integrated through TV, PC and mobile phone platforms in due course.
      Last edited by jonathanen; 17-11-07 at 10:38 PM.