Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No satellite signal received error number 28

This is a discussion on No satellite signal received error number 28 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and wondered if someone could help with a basic sky problem? I ...

philip66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No satellite signal received error number 28

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and wondered if someone could help with a basic sky problem? I was on a Sky value package but gave it up after a couple of years due to rising costs so I was left with the dish. a viewing card-blue with a yellow house on! and an Amstrad Sky digibox DRX 400 which worked fine for a while but sadly I now find I have a technical glitch! I get the following message (No satellite signal received error number 28) on most of the channels. This is so frustrating as it is unpredictableI am willing to throw some cash at it to sort it out but not sure where to start and who to trust when buying replacement kit. Can anyone please spare a couple of mins to help? This would be appreciated. Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      G01
      G01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No satellite signal received error number 28

Press services on the remote, enter 401 and then select twice and you'll be at the lnb screen. go down to lnb power supply and use the left and right arrow buttons to turn it off. Do the same with the 22 khz command and go down to save new settings and press select. Then press the sky button and repeat the services, 401 and select twice. Press the red button. go to save new settings and press select. The lnb should now be back on, as will the 22khz command. press tv then sky. Chances are that this won't resolve the problem. It only works in about 5% of cases. If still getting the 'NSS' message on the screen:

Turn the TV off at the power button at the front of the unit. Press the standby button on the sky box or remote (button with diagram of circle with a line through it) If sky+/HD, leave for 60 seconds to allow the hard drive to stop spinning and at the back of the box, you will see the dish input cable (metal connector with a nut). Sky+/HD have two input cables. unscrew the nut/s and disconnect it/them. DO NOT use pliers as they carry a small current. Leave for 30 seconds (60 seconds for sky+/HD) and reconnect the cable/s and tighten the nut/s with your fingers. Unplug the box at the mains power supply and the red light will go off. plug it back in and leave for 30 seconds (or up to 2 mins for sky+/HD). Turn the TV back on and press the TV, then sky buttons on the sky remote. If it says 'There may be a problm with the active telephone connection', press backup and it will say 'Searching for listings' for up to 2 mins before it goes to channel 998. If it still says 'No Satellite Signal', call sky. If not, change channel and enjoy the viewing.

philip66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks G01 for taking time to reply... it shows there are still public spirited people out there who are genuinely willing to try and help other less knowledgeable souls! You have restored my faith in human nature. Your post gave my family a lift as we hoped it would solve the problem, however having repeated your process twice we didn't quite manage it. I was going to buy a new LNB off ebay and see if this helped. If that didn't work I thought about getting a new Amstad DRX400 or equivalent. I would be interested to know if you think this a waste of time but I though if I replace things one by one then I should eventually trap the problem. Again... Many thanks. Philip66

offspring795 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01206
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, thought i had something to tell all there but was badly mistaken lol....sorry all
      Last edited by offspring795; 21-11-07 at 12:45 AM. Reason: oops

loobyloo6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01254
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cheers for the Info....had a similar problem today...No sky channels for most of afternoon / Evening.
      Tried the second procedure...worked a treat..Thank you very much..Appreciated.

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

If the problem repeats/persists, you might benefit from the kit:
      Spares for Sky digibox and other receivers