Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Common TV Codes for your Sky Remote

This is a discussion on Common TV Codes for your Sky Remote within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Bush E01LED24USBFHD After a long quest i have found a code that works but with one flaw. The code is ...

colditz21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kcom
      Broadband ISP: karoo
      Router: thompson
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Common TV Codes for your Sky Remote

Bush E01LED24USBFHD
      After a long quest i have found a code that works but with one flaw. The code is 1872 and turns on and off the tv but the volume does not work instead it brings up the menu but by chance i found that if you press tv and then the information button this allows you to use the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button for the volume. Hope this helps.

2. Advertisement
      rayben is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: o1296
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Thanks colditz21 but as I said in my original post, code 0088 works fine on my TV and all the functions work, my point was that I got no help from either Sky or Samsung and had to do the research myself. But thanks for your input anyway.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The frequency with which the online Sky Remote setup page advises, "We do not have an exact match for your TV model" would suggest that the database powering it is rarely updated. The built-in feedback function gives the impression that feedback would be used to provide updates but values from the Bush & Samsung model numbers quoted previously have not been incorporated.

I don't know where the info comes from that powers the Sky box on screen remote control setup teletext pages but the online version is provided by Universal Electronics Inc. who also happen to be sell and licence products under the One for All brand name. Unless they also manufacture the Sky remote I can't help but think that there is a conflict of interest.
      dog-man likes this.

Funkman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Morning all, debut poster here, at the high end of frustration with this one, looking for some handy hints/tips. After the batteries running down on my Sky remote for a Celcus LCD32S913HD (from Sainsburys, 1 year old), I have been unable to retune my Sky sontrol, causing much butt-pain for me these past 9 months. I have purchased a new Sky remote (tried a 9F rather than 8R), bought a new Sky box, and a new scart cable, all to no avail. The codes I have attempted include 1191, 1584, 065, 9999, amongst others. The remote can be tuned to control the TV, but not Sky..............eh?!?

I am at the stage of selling the TV, but who would want a TV that is not tunable to Sky...........or am I just being a dumb@ss????

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

I'm not sure what you entirely mean here.

Just to clarify, which Sky STB (White Sky, White Sky+, Sky+ HD or SkyHD) do you have and which Sky remote control did you purchase?

If you could use Google and cross post a picture, or take a photo of your remote and post that, it would be useful please.

People make mistakes all the time. I am not suggesting that you have here but it is always rewarding to get things working as they should.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 23-11-13 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typo

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The remote can be tuned to control the TV, but not Sky..............eh?!?
      If you are referring to a Sky remote remember after you tune it to the TV you must then press the Sky button so that it will work with the Sky box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cheers for the comments, I am aware that you are required to press 'Sky' after the tuning process.

I purchased an official 9F version of the Sky remote control, no joy. The STB is a standard HD number.

I cannot quite see where I am going wrong, and surely, even though it is a cheap make, a code that was working previously would cease working???

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

So do you have a remotre that looks like this:

There are other designs which you should not be using:

Each of these are for different versions (i.e. Sky, Sky+) and won't work correctly with the Sky+ HD or SkyHD STB. I believe that you can get them all with the latest TV codes.

You mentioned the price issue. There are some cheap copies available, but I was under the impression that they didn't have all the TV codes.

What I would suggest is that you remove the batteries and then press the <Sky> button to discharge the remote. It should take a few seconds to do this. You should then be able to replace the batteries and reprogram the remote for your TV.

Before programming it for your TV I would check that you can control the Sky+ HD STB.

Just on case...

Press <TV>

then...

Press and hold <Select> then press the <Red> button for 2 seconds and the red LED will now flash twice.

You can now dial your TV code. The red LED will flash twice once the last digit is entered.

Now press the <Sky> button and check that everything works correctly.
      gymno likes this.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes, indeed, I have the top version and the bottom version, one of each.

I really do not think I am doing anything daft here, however, I have been wrong before...ergo, I shall try some of your tips tomorrow and see how it goes, appreciate the input Scubbie, I am likely to be back on here soon...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Nah, it just ain't playing the game, anyone have any thoughts on Celcus TV codes for the afore-mentioned model of TV? This would seem to be the only solution...There is no way an old scart could be affecting the issue is there? I have tried a new scart, and it is equally crap.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast