Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cancelling sky card terms????

This is a discussion on Cancelling sky card terms???? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I live in Spain and I have subscribed to Sky 2 mix pack at 15p.m. I know Sky isnt normally ...

hewittinspain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cancelling sky card terms????

I live in Spain and I have subscribed to Sky 2 mix pack at 15p.m. I know Sky isnt normally permitted over here but the company i deal with here deals with Agents from Sky in the UK so all terms and conditions etc work the same as they would in England. I have subscribed for 4 years with the full pack but only 9 months ago i requested them to downgrade me to the 2 mix pack which i now want to cancel as i only really watch the free channels(bbc,itv).
      I got an email back saying that the card wasnt a year old yet and i had to wait until November to cancel. Bear in mind ive been a subscriber for 4 years but only downgraded 9 months ago. Does the 12month minimum go on just the current pack or does it go on how long i have actually subscribed all together?? I have never broken away from the subscription in 4 years and therefore surely im now entitled to cancel my subscription.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Cancelling sky card terms????

I may be wrong, but if you change any part of your subscription, I have the feeling you do so for a 12 month period.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can answer you, but that is my understanding of it.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

RickyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Salford
      Broadband ISP: Mid/JNET
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hewittinspain View Post
      I live in Spain and I have subscribed to Sky 2 mix pack at 15p.m. I know Sky isnt normally permitted over here but the company i deal with here deals with Agents from Sky in the UK so all terms and conditions etc work the same as they would in England. I have subscribed for 4 years with the full pack but only 9 months ago i requested them to downgrade me to the 2 mix pack which i now want to cancel as i only really watch the free channels(bbc,itv).
      I got an email back saying that the card wasnt a year old yet and i had to wait until November to cancel. Bear in mind ive been a subscriber for 4 years but only downgraded 9 months ago. Does the 12month minimum go on just the current pack or does it go on how long i have actually subscribed all together?? I have never broken away from the subscription in 4 years and therefore surely im now entitled to cancel my subscription.
      i am sure NR is actually wrong and you are right! Were you issued a new card when you graded!? However you have a problem you cannot deal with sky directly as they cannot accept subscriptions abroad! they would automatically close your account! The problem is how these agents work, to get a sky card they have to be registering them to UK addresses! So when you actually downgraded they may have 'created a new customer' with sky!
      One peace of advice DO NOT contact sky directly!

hewittinspain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks. I was thinking of blocking the payments from my bank with them but would they then block my card so i will then fail to recieve ch4,ch5.? I know they are free channels but if you take the card out these channels fail to work unless the card is inserted. I downgraded my package at a different time to when i recieved my new card.

RickyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Salford
      Broadband ISP: Mid/JNET
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

can i confirm who do you pay your money to?

the_Sky_Man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hewittinspain View Post
      Like the last reply depending on who these guys are, the terms and conditions unfortunatly do not work the same as if you were in england, it is illegal to view sky outside the uk and channel islands, if you change your subscription you must keep that package for a minimum of 30days there is no 12 month contract i suggest you speak to this company that you are dealing with, they do sound rather dodgy to be honest, advise them that you want to cancel and see if there is anythin that they could do.

good luck