Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls.

This is a discussion on Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hiya Sam.... Nice to bump into someone I know lol! Mike...

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls.

Hiya Sam.... Nice to bump into someone I know lol!

Mike

2. Advertisement
      justiceuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sat direct (hisssssssssssssssssssss) had problems with these cretins a while now. Twice they have set up direct debits on my bank account without authority, once a year ago, and again today... both times my bank responded - we know of them, we have so many complaints about them - we will refund your money and cancel the debit immediately... and between those two applications for DD on my account, I get regular calls telling me how my dish/box is unprotected but they can upgrade me yadda yadda... I tell them I will sue them and they cut the call immediately - til next time. This is wrong wrong wrong - a company who sets up unauthorised dd's on peoples a/cs is BANK ROBBERY and FRAUD... wassup with this??? Why are they not behind bars??? It now looking like Im gonna ditch sky everything and change my phone number, bank a/c and my NAME. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. This is their number 08716641400 and I already saw their name on another post so ditto the a/c used to pay this money. Im waiting for fraud dept to ring me from my bank coz I want bloooood.

minky93 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01524
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Multiroom
      Thanks

Hi!

This company have been hounding me for the past 4 years, the usual telephone calls trying to deceive me into renewing my insurance cover with them, I get at least 2 or three phonecalls off them a month. I have tried being polite & telling them that I am insured with SKY & to please stop calling me. I have tried being rude & everything in between all to no avail.... threatened to take further action if they did not stop harassing me ect... Nothing Worked!! and the calls keep on coming....

The final straw & breaking point came today when I checked my bank account they had without my consent taken 6.50 quoting First DD and this after yet ANOTHER phone call last weekend off them, when I told them that I didn't have sky anymore (I have) the girl on the other end slammed the phone down on me.. Yippee! I thought something has worked I have gotten through to them but they were not giving up that easily.

After reading justiceuk post ...I saw red & contacted a policeman friend of ours who told me to contact my bank, which I did & they were less than useless told me to contact the SAT-DIRECTcompany to get them to reverse the transaction!! I told my bank I haven't got any details for SAT-DIRECT company as I hadn't used them for years and wasn't it the banks responsibility to ensure only authorised payments came out of my account when I was told that I must have signed the Direct Debit and basically it was my fault (Can You Believe It!!) and after 4 premium rate phone calls to India..which by the way has cost more than the erroneous deduction, I had had enough told them I wanted my accounts closed, which seemed to work as I was told that they now could reimburse my 6.00 (ON PRINCIPAL I was not going to let this one go) then came the BUT it was going to come out of a special account and then they will request payment from SAT-Direct Company (if they did not pay up they would then reverse my reimbursment) by this time I was laughing You are joking are you not? for goodness sake it is 6 not 6 million .. I AM FURIOUS and will try and take this further I am going to contact every offical body that I can think of.. IT IS STEALING.. and nobody wants to know about it.. If I stole money from someones purse I am sure the Police would want to get involved then.. I GIVE UP!! this country has gone to the dogs.. Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent, I do apologise.
      Last edited by minky93; 25-06-09 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo error in tantrum

TAZZ1807 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

Hi there, I have today received a letter and a cold call from the company in question. I told them that their information on my satellite equipment was incorrect (which it was) - also that I will only deal with Sky - so will they please remove me from their listing. I was informed that I would have to pay to have my name removed!! When I replied that "no way was I going to pay for something which I did not request in the first place", the girl said would I like to speak to somebody in their complaints department (Oh Yes) - and promptly repeated the same telephone number which was on their letter. When I informed her of this, she then passed me over to "someone in authority" called Sebastian. He has assured me that they will remove my name/address/phone number from their list. I have also received other cold calls, one back in March and one 2 days ago, (although cannot be sure it was them). Keep on your toes people - feed them no information, and if they tell you they are from Sky, ask them to quote your Sky Account number. Remember also that Sky usually get in contact by letter or email.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

JonathanM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Can we name companies on this forum? Sky Repair Services has just rung, and been really vague with my wife "Oh you pay between 6-8 per month, you're not on our best rates, our gold package is only 5.50, yes we are the official Sky repairer, that other warranty you have isn't really Sky....yadayadayada".

So Mrs JonathanM passed the phone to me, and when I started with "if we have an account with you you would know exaclty what our monthly payment is, BTW can you tell me my own bank details" she got very quiet & was sorry to have wasted my time.

A quick search revealed a phone number, so we rang them back, spoke to Martin (guy with a Liverpool accent), who was very apologetic, but I'm 100% certain that they tried this with me a year or two ago, and stupidly I gave bank details, when I rang them back I again spoke to someone with a Liverpool accent (was it the same Martin I wonder??) and they finally agreed they were not providing the same warrnaty that I was already on.

So, trading standards or Watchdog???

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I too have just had a phone call from these people.

Digital Satellite

Unit 5
      Capital Trading Park
      Kirkby Bank Road
      Kirkby
      Liverpool
      L33 7SY

I did ask them to remove my details last month when they rang, obviously they cannot be bothered to honour such a simple request.

By the way, Digital Satellite if you read this, please stop mithering me. I have asked you numerous times to remove my details.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

JonathanM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juhauk View Post
      Aaagh, I think I have been had. I received a call from a very friendly lady, who insisted that she was calling from Sky. I asked her to confirm this several times. She said Sky has decided to lower the 8.25 warranty fee to 5 and that this was only offered to some customers over the phone. I should have smelled the rat when she could not give any other details than my name. Of course Sky gives our subscriber data to other companies unless you especially opt out (there was a small notice of this in a letter attached to Sky magazine a while back).

So this lady insisted she needed my sort code and account number as they could not change an existing direct debit and would send a letter for me to sign again. Now luckily I just checked that a new direct debit had been opened to my bank to SATCOVER LTD due to start on Tuesday. I have now canceled the direct debit, I guess best to call the bank tomorrow as well.

I am furious at myself, as I had read about these things and am always wary of giving my details on the phone. But the lady insisted at least three times that she indeed worked for Sky.

Anything else that I should do, I suppose I should tell Sky that this company is now actually impersonating as Sky themselves... Anybody else had this variation of the scam?
      This is almost exactly what Sky Repair Services did with us on the phone today - so a year on some of these companies are still trying it on.

I've e-mailed Watchdog & Cc'd my local trading standards in, as there is an element of deception is such practices surely??

teladi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

After years of being plagued, harrassed , whatever you want to call it I finally seem to have stopped them by writing and telling then I was excercising my rights to ask them to stop processing my information for the purposes of direct marketing. No doubt this post is tempting fate.

Can't remember the exact wording but think I either got it from Trading Standards or from Information Commisioners. Sent the letter to the managing director recorded delivery, stating any further direct marketing would be reported as. a breach and outlining the appropriate fines on conviction. Didn't get acknowledgement but no more mail since February despite having called Sky for an engineer. [ Not making any suggestions but I always seemed to get letters shortly after contacting Sky for repair ]

ebaker17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Hi eveyone.

i need help.
      i have had cover on my sky plus box for about a year the cover being with SAT SUPPORT LTD / SATCOVER LTD we have only ever had to call them out twice but both times they were great.

our sky box keeps freezing when playing back recoded programmes and keeps fialing on certain programms saying no signal. we even watched soemthing live as we were recording it knowing the signal was fine but when we went into our planner - failed.

tried to call today and there is a recoded message saying this service has been temorarily suspended.

as i said we have had no problems before now

does anyone know what i should do??? does the comapny still exist (my account was debited with the 5 per month fee last month)

or should i just ring sky directly??

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 24-11-08, 08:42 AM
    2. 17-09-08, 04:11 PM
    3. 22-05-08, 01:59 PM
    4. 22-05-08, 12:14 PM
    5. 28-03-08, 07:40 PM
    6. 12-03-08, 11:12 PM
    7. 31-01-08, 02:44 PM
    8. 31-01-08, 02:34 PM
    9. 25-01-08, 01:52 AM