Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls.

This is a discussion on Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by DSWCMICK sorry guys i have been off for a wile..... no i am not a mole for ...

sinclaircats is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Marnham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Beware of bogus Sky TV warranty letters/telephone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by DSWCMICK View Post
      sorry guys i have been off for a wile..... no i am not a mole for DSWC .... i am part of there staff. have any of you who have been " RIPPED OFF" checked your warrenty documents when they arrived to see if they were correct???? or listened on the phone when we do cold call.... i am willing to answer any questions you have.

Mick, seriously speaking if your company is that good why try to fool people into thinking you work for SKY. No wonder people don't trust your company when it works in devious ways . Not your fault because you need to work but why don't you work for SKY instead and then not have to "protect" your firm

2. Advertisement
      julro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I am going through my late father's estate and found he had 10 warranties for the same thing - his Sky box, from lots of similar sounding companies. He spent hundreds of pounds on these...

scubajon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01623
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have had 2 phone calls this week from Digital Satellite Warranty Cover Ltd claiming my Sky Dish & TopBox manufacturers warranty is running out and asking me to insure it asap with them. Have phoned Sky and they told me they only insure through D&G. I phoned D&G and have taken out the insurance with them. Do not be fooled by bogus calls from Digital Satellite Warranty Ltd. They are not recognised by Sky as genuine insurers for their equipment. Report it to you local Trading Standards.

juhauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southbank
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juhauk View Post
      Bit of an update... I got in touch with Consumer Direct who advised me to cancel the policy in writing. I also called the registered office in West Sussex and the gentleman that answered promised to investigate the misselling. I was advised to demand a receipt of the cancellation in writing, but of course nothing has arrived. I got the address for their office from my bank, they had had to give it to open the Direct Debit.

So the other day I get a call from 08716641400, and guess who it is again? After "security questions" the woman says she has my letter in front of her and she did not believe Satellite Direct still needed to lie to sell the policies, as they are so good. She then had the cheek to start selling their policy again and telling me how I was not covered by Sky at all, but by Domestic & General (like I did not know it) and that she could now sell the Satellite Direct policy for only 4.55 a month. I told her in no uncertain terms that I wish not to have anything to do with the company ever again, which did not go down too well. The lady at the other end got rather quite snotty and demanded to know if I really wanted to pay more for my current insurance when her offer was available. I then demanded to get the cancellation also in writing, which she told me I would not get, but that the call was being recorded. Once again I asked them to remove my details from their register, but am not believing it will happen no either.

I suppose I will have to get back to Consumer Direct now to get the cancellation letter.

I suppose they do provide the service they promise, as has been said here before, but I would not want any dealings with a dodgy lot like that.

Sky replied with a long stock email stating that they have not sold my details to that company, but implied it could have been some of their satellite subcontractors that have been also working for Satellite Direct that collects the addresses and numbers.

The main part of Sky's reply:

The story goes on...
      Had a letter from West Sussex Trading Standards a while back asking me to fill in one of their forms to build up evidence for their court case and also asking whether I would be ready to be a witness at court if needed! So at least one bogus company is being dealt with.

But now getting calls 08712659865 which, I suppose is on of the other cowboys, based in Liverpool... I am hoping that I never accidentally pick the phone up for them. Put that number in google and loads of information comes up of unsolicited calls, ignoring of TPS and all the usual stuff. Will this ever end...

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

if using ie7+ go to: Add Search Providers to Internet Explorer
      enter
      http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/TEST
      and
      Who Calls Me? Telephone Number Search
      itwill add a search provider, i use it to check all the calls i get

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

I use Caller ID on my screen. All 08xx etc numbers are ignored. Withheld numbers are automatically barred. Additionally I have a very pert message about 'no telesales or any other marketing calls are being accepted on this line' to these callers on my ansafone. Very rarely troubled now. My circle of family/friends have been told about this.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

at the moment i am going for the
      Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
      I can see it in your smile
      You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
      'Cause you know just what to say
      And you know just what to do
      And I want to tell you so much, what do you want ...

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
      And tell you time and time again how much I care
      Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
      Hello, I've just got to let you know

'Cause I wonder where you are
      And I wonder what you do
      Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or in a call center?
      Tell me how to win your heart
      For I haven't got a clue
      But let me start by saying, do i know you ...

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
      'Cause I wonder where you are
      And I wonder what you do
      Are you somewhere feeling lonely or a nuisance caller?
      Tell me how to win your heart
      For I haven't got a clue
      But let me start by saying ... YEES?

punkrock101 is offline Junior Member
      Exchange: NIWBY- Whiteabbey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Superfast
      Router: Sky hub 4.2 & Sky Q Booster
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB
      Thanks

I keep getting these letters, they called me and I said i work for sky and i can get a better deal if i go direct to sky for extended warranty. there agent didn't know what to say needless they won't be calling back I blocked them out using BT's Choose to refuse service,

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

I've been with Sky for about 12 years now, got Sky+ when it first came out etc etc, and went for HD last week (we already have multiroom) Anyway, during my time with them, I have NEVER had an extended warranty, and when I have had had a problem with a box, I have ALWAYS found that giving a 30 day cancellation notice always works, and I always give the reason as - Equipment has gone faulty, please cancel and will re subscribe in partners name...

As said, for the sake of a 65 callout charge (which includes box replacement if necessary) are Sky really going to lose a 50+ per month customer?

When I rang up to order my HD last Thurs, was told I would have to pay the 30 install fee, as we already had multiroom, and the free install only applies if you are taking an ADDITIONAL multiroom.... Told her to cancel the order etc, and voila, free install...

They may be tight, but they aren't stupid...

Mike

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSMGuy View Post
      I've been with Sky for about 12 years now, got Sky+ when it first came out etc etc, and went for HD last week (we already have multiroom) Anyway, during my time with them, I have NEVER had an extended warranty, and when I have had had a problem with a box, I have ALWAYS found that giving a 30 day cancellation notice always works, and I always give the reason as - Equipment has gone faulty, please cancel and will re subscribe in partners name...

As said, for the sake of a 65 callout charge (which includes box replacement if necessary) are Sky really going to lose a 50+ per month customer?

When I rang up to order my HD last Thurs, was told I would have to pay the 30 install fee, as we already had multiroom, and the free install only applies if you are taking an ADDITIONAL multiroom.... Told her to cancel the order etc, and voila, free install...

They may be tight, but they aren't stupid...

Mike
      Mike? hello mate its me sam from n95users LOL

love your approach you take with sky...Nice and firm LOL

I did the same for my mum when she ordered our sky + they said 60 quid install i so said cancel it he went oh i can give it with free install and 1 month free telly

Nice one sign me up LOL

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 24-11-08, 08:42 AM
    2. 17-09-08, 04:11 PM
    3. 22-05-08, 01:59 PM
    4. 22-05-08, 12:14 PM
    5. 28-03-08, 07:40 PM
    6. 12-03-08, 11:12 PM
    7. 31-01-08, 02:44 PM
    8. 31-01-08, 02:34 PM
    9. 25-01-08, 01:52 AM