Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Not Leaving. Well I was Leaving But.....

This is a discussion on Not Leaving. Well I was Leaving But..... within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Phoned Sky to say cancel my TV package as 71 odd a month is a bit much being recently made ...

fluke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Not Leaving. Well I was Leaving But.....

Phoned Sky to say cancel my TV package as 71 odd a month is a bit much being recently made redundant.

The guy on the other end (Graham) was more than helpful spent 40 mins trying to get me a good a deal as possible, at present I have Max Broadband, the free calls service and Sky + and everything except Sports.

Ended up with new Sky HD box and fitting for free, 9 months free HD subscription, 15.75 discount for nine months I did not bother with the anytime free calls as we just don't use it, so went for free evening weekend calls and
      all for telling them I wanted to cancel after 11 years.

I was genuinely going to cancel but the free stuff plus the discount really helps.

One of my better experiences with Sky Customer Services.

==========
      Regards
      Dave

2. Advertisement
      jokenball is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ballymena (NIBM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Not Leaving. Well I was Leaving But.....

Well done.

About 2 years ago I rang to cancel Call Diversion on the phone & the girl asked me what the reason was. I told her I just didn't need it anymore & was cutting my household expenses. Next thing they offered me half price on my TV for a year & a couple of other benefits I can't remember just now.

I was hoping to get a deal like that again when the year ran out but when I phoned to cancel TV I wasn't offered anything this time. I rarely watch TV so it's not worth me paying full price.

Sky have brilliant customer service if you get the right person. Another time I rang to cancel my dad's account when he died & some Indian lady said she couldn't cancel the account without his password. I told her I didn't know & she said to guess it lol. I gave his mother's maiden name & a couple of other ones but they were wrong. I asked to be transferred to a manager & she was so embarrassed & apologetic.

It just depends who you get really.