Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

two subscriptions, different properties, same account!??

This is a discussion on two subscriptions, different properties, same account!?? within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Hi, Im due to return to Sky after a short break of cancellation. (1 month)… I have had Sky on ...

dabel80 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

two subscriptions, different properties, same account!??

Hi, Im due to return to Sky after a short break of cancellation. (1 month)… I have had Sky on and off for about 6 years with a fair break in the middle, when I returned I was offered an excellent deal of free box, free installation and 12 months half price TV package (plus HD free too J). After the 12 months finished I cancelled but instead Sky offered it again for a further 6 months of half price. At the end of that 6 months I was given another 6 months half price. That took me upto February 2012 when at the end of the offer I cancelled again. I was without Sky for around a month when at the beginning of this week I had a call from sky (08452777380) to ask me if I’d like to return again on 12 months half price. Im currently deciding whether that would be suitable. It probably will be!! Its not that im trying to get a bargain, even though I am. Its more the fact that I cannot and will not pay the full price that sky wants for its packages. I do not think its cost effective and value for money… however, at half price that’s a different story and for as long as sky want to offer me that im happy to stay with them. If sky cannot do that, as I have done in the past, I would regrettably have to cancel.

What I’d like to know is whether Sky would be prepared to offer that very same original deal – Free box, free setup, 12 months half price TV package for another property but have it applied to my account and for me to take Sky back at my house, but to also have the same deal for my moms house and have them billed to the same account?!? Effectively creating two customers rather than the current zero.

Is it possible to have 2 sky subscriptions on one account for two different properties? And is it possible to have the same original deal at the 2nd property?

I know im asking a lot, but if you don’t ask you don’t get… and im sure Sky would like the extra income rather than the alternative of having no income in this situation as it is currently.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: two subscriptions, different properties, same account!??

The only way you will find out is to ask Sky.

Maybe if Sky did not make such offers, the cost to the rest of us would be less.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

shake (16-03-12)

dabel80 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: two subscriptions, different properties, same account!??

my apologies, i thought i was asking sky...

...without schooling you in the world of business. all i will say is because of people like you who do pay full price, sky can maximise its customer base by giving offers to those who wouldnt pay the "full price" meaning they can gain a larger market share and overall maximise profit... All i can say is more fool you.....if you're prepared to pay full price then fine, dont moan about it. Sky didnt moan, they just let me cancel for a month then offer me a further 12 months half price. Thats £260 to them or nothing... i'll let you do the maths.

but thanks for you help all the same!