Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Leaving Sky

This is a discussion on Leaving Sky within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Hello, Could anyone tell me the direct tel no i need to call to cancel my sky account. I have ...

ross anthony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01282
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Leaving Sky

Hello,
      Could anyone tell me the direct tel no i need to call to cancel my sky account.
      I have been with sky since the early 1990's on the full tv package plus sky movies and sky sport, i also joined sky broadband and talk talk in 2006.
      I contacted sky to try to upgrade my sky box, the box i have is the original box, i wanted to upgrade to sky+ box but i was told that they no longer do a sky + box and that i would have to upgrade to a sky hd box and this would cost me 49 for the box and 60 installation unless i take the hd package for 10-25 per month, this is of no use to me as i dont have an hd tv and i live on my own since my wife passed away so i dont need multi-room. I was more than happy to pay for the installation, but i am not prepared to pay for the box after all this time when new customers get one for free. I am very upset with the way i have been treated. I sent an e-mail to sky to complain, they replied by giving me a tel no to ring, i did this and the best they could do was to offer me the 49 and 60 package again. This is very sad when i have been a loyal customer for all this time.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Leaving Sky

but i was told that they no longer do a sky + box
      That is correct in that they now supply an HD box for customers who only require Sky+. This is what it says on line.

Sky+ box: Existing Sky+ box households are not eligible for a discounted box. Existing customers must agree to new 12 month minimum term for Sky TV. One free/discounted box per household. Sky+ box up to 199 if you are not eligible for discounted price (Sky TV subscription required). You will receive a Sky+HD box which has all the features of Sky+ and can store an average of 185 hours of standard definition programmes. To view free-to-air HD content you need an HD ready TV. To view Sky HD content you will also need the HD Pack (10.25 a month).
      If I were you I would go here and sign in, see what is available on line.
      Sky Customer offers - Great deals on Sky Digital TV - Upgrade online

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.