Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky won't budge on payment troubles

This is a discussion on Sky won't budge on payment troubles within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; I have been made redundant and with a 71 Sky bill I can't afford to pay it, I've been with ...

jscsc1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01793
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky won't budge on payment troubles

I have been made redundant and with a 71 Sky bill I can't afford to pay it, I've been with Sky for years and years and moved house in Feb 10, added Sky+HD (free box offer) and two multirooms and Sports. I've removed the Sports taking me to 51 a month but will still not be able to afford it until I'm working again.

Sky are not budging or helping me at all, I've asked if they will remove at least the HD pack and may be one or both of the multirooms but just get the stonewall contract reply, I realise I'm locked into a contract but surely they could do something to help.

I'm going to be left with no choice but t cancel my DD, which is a last resort, does anyone here have any pearls of wisdom on this subject?

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky won't budge on payment troubles

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. Times are hard now for everyone and companies can no-longer be as flexible as they were before.

HD with 2 multiroom is one hell of a sub and it looks like you are at the cheapest sub while in contract.

Whatever you do, do not cancel your DDI as you will find the bayliffs at your door with a court order and a ruined credit record.

I can only suggest that you try and cut back elsewhere in order to fullfill your commitment to Sky.

One thing you may try is emailing Jeremey Darroch where you will get a reply from the escaltions dept. They my be prepared to take a softer stance than the call centres and allow you to be released from maybe the HD or Multroom earlier.

jeremy . darroch @ bskyb . com