Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ER110UK - Sky Q Router - AP Isolation

This is a discussion on ER110UK - Sky Q Router - AP Isolation within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello all, With the SR-model routers, you could enable AP isolation (also known as Wireless isolation, Station isolation, Client isolation). ...

itsanewlifeforme is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: New House - No TV
      Router: New house - no broadband
      Sky TV: Nothing yet
      Thanks

ER110UK - Sky Q Router - AP Isolation

Hello all,

With the SR-model routers, you could enable AP isolation (also known as Wireless isolation, Station isolation, Client isolation).

This ensured that any of the wireless devices accessing the router - to use the internet - could not see or communicate with each other - this also meant that if one of these devices was comprimised, the other devices were kept isolated.

Lock Down Your Wi-Fi Network With Your Router’s Wireless Isolation Option

Where is the setting for this in the new Sky Q routers (ER110UK)?

I have been looking through all the settings - and I just can't find it!

Please help,

Thanks to any that choose to contribute,

itsanewlifeforme.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: ER110UK - Sky Q Router - AP Isolation

I am not certain, but as the Q box has to communicate with the Mini to operate correctly, it is possible this feature is not included with the Silver box. Having it enabled would render the system useless. There is a case for having it if you do not have a mini or are in a house such as student accommodation where isolation is desirable. Possibly this will be updated in future firmware.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

itsanewlifeforme is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: New House - No TV
      Router: New house - no broadband
      Sky TV: Nothing yet
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am not certain, but as the Q box has to communicate with the Mini to operate correctly, it is possible this feature is not included with the Silver box. Having it enabled would render the system useless. There is a case for having it if you do not have a mini or are in a house such as student accommodation where isolation is desirable. Possibly this will be updated in future firmware.

Thank you for your reply Isitme,

I suspect you're right - and this option isn't available currently in this routers firmware.

I am now in a 12 month contract, and this router has been paid for. It was substantially more expensive than the previous sky routers.

I want to make a feature request directly to the team that develops the Sky Q router firmware. I can't believe that I will have to do this.

Does anybody know how I can do this - effectively and directly.

If sky are offering this router for broadband only orders - then it is beyond fair to expect this core networking functionality as standard.

It really is a very basic standard feature, that is found in even the cheapest, entry level, basic routers.

In all truth - not to include it, demonstrates a serious lack of judgement.

It reflects badly on the firmware developers/coders!

itsanewlifeforme

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I want to make a feature request directly to the team that develops the Sky Q router firmware. I can't believe that I will have to do this.
      All I can suggest is that you go over to the Official Sky forum and make your wishes known there. Probably the Sky Q section would be best for a start.
      Sky Q - Sky Community

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.