Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Change router firmware

This is a discussion on Change router firmware within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have two Sky SR102 routers. The first is on firmware version 2.89.1088.R and the second is on 2.1r.3761.R. In ...

benifa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Darton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Change router firmware

I have two Sky SR102 routers. The first is on firmware version 2.89.1088.R and the second is on 2.1r.3761.R.

In Advanced>>Dynamic DNS, the first router allows me to choose Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP, DyNS main page or Managed DNS | DynDNS | Anycast DNS | DDNS. The second router only shows Managed DNS | DynDNS | Anycast DNS | DDNS.

Why? More importantly, how can I put firmware version 2.89.1088.R on the second router, in order to solve the problem?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Change router firmware

Why do you need 2 routers? Subs at different addresses?

If the router with the older firmware is plugged in and kept powered up it will update automatically.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have two lines.

Which is the older firmware, 2.89.1088.R or 2.1r.3761.R ?

Thanks

2.1r.3761.R, I think, its the one that does not give you a choice of DDNS servers. 2.89.1088.R is the newest firmware which is just being rolled out, I don't have it yet am still on 2.88.1086.R. It is surprising you still have the 2.1r.3761.R firmware as this was replaced some time ago. Possibly you should phone Sky and ask them to update your router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

2.88.1086.R is on my old router that I've had for about 9 months. I like that firmware and want to keep it, as it has the 3 DDNS providers to choose from.

2.1r.3761.R is in my second router that I received last week. I don't like this firmware because I can choose only 1 DDNS provider.

So you think if I call Sky they can remotely send 2.88.1086.R to my second router?

- - - Updated - - -

2.88.1086.R is on my old router that I've had for about 9 months. I like that firmware and want to keep it, as it has the 3 DDNS providers to choose from.

2.1r.3761.R is in my second router that I received last week. I don't like this firmware because I can choose only 1 DDNS provider.

So you think if I call Sky they can remotely send 2.88.1086.R to my second router?

- - - Updated - - -

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

2.89.1088.R is the latest firmware and has the same DDNS providers as 1086.
      The 1088 firmware started rolling out to sr102's end of Feb 2016.

If I remember correctly, those on fibre were flashed back from 1086 to 2.1r.3761.R last October because of problems.

Thanks

2.1r.3761.R is in my second router that I received last week.
      If you have only had it a short time, plug it in and it will soon update. Like almost all routers, it would be delivered with the latest firmware available when it was commissioned and will update automatically.

I am a bit confused as to why you have 2 lines, normally Sky will only allow one broadband connection per address.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am a bit confused as to why you have 2 lines, normally Sky will only allow one broadband connection per address.
      Different names.

So, in short, if I leave the second router, which is on 2.1r.3761.R, plugged in it will sooner or later update to 2.89.1088.R and therefore show three DDNS providers, same as my first router? If this is the case, I don't need to call Sky and ask them to push the new firmware?
      Sebby likes this.

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

The call centre are physically unable to push new firmware to your router, it can be done but is normally only done for testing purposes during trials and is not something that someone in the call centre could initiate. You could update the firmware from Sky.com using the recovery tool but as far as I am aware that is an earlier version than the newest and still won't contain the extra alternate DNS options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

A member has just reported he has received the new firmware, so updating is under way. You just have to be patient.
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...tml#post460869
      Angel_Rex likes this.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast