Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Same Time Router Drop Outs

This is a discussion on Same Time Router Drop Outs within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I am sure this can't be a problem with the router itself, because from 11am in the morning to midnight ...

wolfiebrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Same Time Router Drop Outs

I am sure this can't be a problem with the router itself, because from 11am in the morning to midnight I have no problems and the internet runs smoothly.

But every night I can guarantee at 12.30am in the morning the router will drop out, and the red light will come on, I wait until the green light returns and it will happen two or three times more.

If it was the router surely it would drop out during the day, it's weird it drops out at the same time every night, that I can set my watch by it.

I do have another Sky router SR102 which is useless as that drops the connection frequently and during the day, so I go back to using the sagem which is more reliable than the new model.

It is just very frustrating that I know when it comes to 12.30 the internet connection drops.

I have tried rebooting, resetting, I use ethernet cable, I have tried different channels, 1, 4, 6, 11, auto but none of that makes any difference.

Any ideas more than welcome. Thanks!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Same Time Router Drop Outs

If it is dropping at the same time each night it is possibly REIN which is effecting your line. Its very difficult to trace but if you try the recommendations in Kitz's forum, you may get an idea where it is coming from. ::. Kitz - REIN, SHINE & RFI .::

If you don't already have one you may benefit by fitting an RF3 filter or a vDSL face plate, which has a filter built in.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.