Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SR102 Port Forward doesn't work

This is a discussion on SR102 Port Forward doesn't work within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hello, I'm trying to setup an OpenVPN port forward 1194 to a raspberry pi. I've followed the instructions here Port ...

vanhoopstallion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: sr102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

SR102 Port Forward doesn't work

hello,

I'm trying to setup an OpenVPN port forward 1194 to a raspberry pi. I've followed the instructions here

Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

custom service 1194, UDP/TCP and applied it as a rule to my Pi's internal static IP address 192.168.0.x.

No ports seem to work, I cannot get port forwarding to work at all, either linking to any machine in my house. Even if I set DMZ on the Pi it doesn't forward.

I've run nmap -p 1194 192.168.0.1 to check if the port is open on the SR102 and it's not.

I've setup standard port 80 mapped correctly and it doesn work. No ports work what so ever! HELP!!

I also had an SR101 and setup port forwaring on this for many years, so I'm family with the process, this SR102 does not want to forward any ports. HELP!

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: SR102 Port Forward doesn't work

This is a useful article on accessing the Raspberry from the internet - http://java.dzone.com/articles/accessing-raspberry-pi

However if you are trying to access the R PI from within your network, you should not need to open any ports. Opening ports should only be necessary when accessing from out-with your LAN, so something else is wrong. Check you are not being blocked by the firewall on your PC.

Port forwarding on the SR102 works fine, I know as I use it to access my NAS and DVR from the internet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.