Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

using seperate router with 2504n

This is a discussion on using seperate router with 2504n within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i currently have sky broadband unlimited and a sagem 2504n router. im looking to get a seperate router so i ...

elim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Winchmore Hill
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Asus DSL-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

using seperate router with 2504n

i currently have sky broadband unlimited and a sagem 2504n router.

im looking to get a seperate router so i can use QOs and other useful features, can anyone recommend how i can setup my 2504n to connect with another router?

im looking to use the sagem one as a modem and the tplink as the router.
      Last edited by elim; 31-10-14 at 02:43 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: using seperate router with 2504n

Why not replace the Sagem completely? This would give you full use of the second router which you will not get using the Sagem as a modem. You cannot put the Sagem in modem only mode and even using the DMZ** it still gives you double NAT which could cause problems. If you are on ADSL the Sky router is very easy to replace, provided you use another ADSL router.

Sky do not now prohibit the use of 3rd party routers on ADSL.

**http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

elim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Winchmore Hill
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Asus DSL-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Why not replace the Sagem completely? This would give you full use of the second router which you will not get using the Sagem as a modem. You cannot put the Sagem in modem only mode and even using the DMZ** it still gives you double NAT which could cause problems. If you are on ADSL the Sky router is very easy to replace, provided you use another ADSL router.

Sky do not now prohibit the use of 3rd party routers on ADSL.

**http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html
      i thought about this but in the near future i may decide to upgrade to fibre. then the adsl modem/router wouldnt work?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There are plenty of ADSL/WAN routers available which will connect to ADSL, Fibre or even Cable. On of the most popular is the Billion 7800n - Billion Products for SSL VPN, ADSL Modem/Router, Wireless ADSL Router, Powerline ADSL Router and Adapter, VoIP ADSL Modem/Router, Security Router, Broadband Router, SHDSL Bridge/Router, iBusiness Security, ISDN Product which can connect to ADSL direct, or fibre or cable through a Modem. If you are thinking of a one box solution, there are not too many available and are usually a bit high priced. Details of some of these can be found on the Forum.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.