Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Total Internet loss. Sky disconnected me?

This is a discussion on Total Internet loss. Sky disconnected me? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Okay, about a year ago I guess, i debranded my white netgear router, and it continued to work fine, until ...

Milquetoast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Total Internet loss. Sky disconnected me?

Okay, about a year ago I guess, i debranded my white netgear router, and it continued to work fine, until yesterday. I decided to login to my router today and have a look around, and reset the router, then look around some more. The Internet connection login was then set to guest, with no password. I've used one of these things online to calculate the username and password, and entered them correctly. Then I've looked at router status/connection status and am getting the bellow

Connection time - 00:00:00
      connecting to server - disconnect
      negotion - LCP is allowed to come up
      authentification - ---
      Getting IP address - ---
      getting network mask - ---

is it possible I have been disconnected for use of an unbranded router, or is there something more fixable at play here?

many thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Total Internet loss. Sky disconnected me?

It's very unlikely that Sky have disconnected you for playing around with your router. It is not something that Sky are in the habit of doing.
      Have you had any problems with your telephone service?

Milquetoast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've just been on a live chat with a Sky employee. The line is fine it seems. They mentioned something about me being on 'in line' something or other And that it started on October 10th and usually lasts about 10 days. They said that if that's whats causing the issue then there is nothing they can do their end. I'm pretty confused to be honest.

tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max/superfast
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

they probably means dlm is re-profiling your line if 10 day period but you should still be able to browse if that was occurring ,from previous notes issue is the router is not connecting to server , sky don't block non sky routers if they have correct details but looks like yours is for some reason. possible router faulty or mac address could be blocked which stops router authenticating at server also possible some thing is causing interference on your line which causing route to be blocked and also this may be why dlm has been triggered , post your line stats from router statistics link also check with different filter and check noise on telephone, even though agents says line tests passing can still be problems