Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SR102 sky hub router pages loading issues

This is a discussion on SR102 sky hub router pages loading issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My sky fibre line was activated a couple of days ago and since plugging in my SR102 (firmware 2.1m.3173.R), I've ...

tcyjohnny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question SR102 sky hub router pages loading issues

My sky fibre line was activated a couple of days ago and since plugging in my SR102 (firmware 2.1m.3173.R), I've had problems loading the router pages, for example going from the homepage to other section pages like Wireless, Maintenance, etc.

I have tried this in different browsers - IE10, Firefox 27.0.1, Chrome 33.0.1750.117 and all do the same thing.

I've changed the admin password but it was behaving like this before the password change. I was accessing the router pages via cable and not wifi.

I'd also rather not reboot or unplug the router during the first 10days of the 'line learning' process.

I am not currently having any issues accessing internet or connecting via wifi. Would my neighbours sky hub have anything to do with this?

If anyone's able to help it'll be much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: SR102 sky hub router pages loading issues

Although routers are pretty stable (they're usually Linux based), like PCs they sometimes need rebooting. I'd be pretty confident the page sluggishness would disappear following a reboot. If not then there's a very slim chance you have a faulty hub but more likely it's a network issue or even a problem with the device you're using to access it, Try clearing browser cache and rebooting.

Are you actually in DLM yet? The easiest way to tell is that the router will be resyncing in the early hours, normally about 2-3am. "MySky" will also tell you but is usually a day or two out of date. Yes, reboots should be avoided during DLM but a single reboot is unlikely to matter as Sky will have built in some leeway.. If you're not yet in DLM then the occasional reboot can't hurt though frequent reboots could actually trigger DLM to start retraining your line (DLM is always running but passive unless possible problems are detected).

Your neighbour's wifi may well be impacting your wifi but can't impact your Hub in the way you describe. No relevance whether they have a Hub or not.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

As you are on fibre DLM will start as soon as you are connected. Normally it starts at the highest possible speed, then settles down to the fastest stable speed. Rebooting the router through its interface should not, in theory, effect DLM as the modem should send a 'last gasp' message that it is simply being rebooted. Disconnecting the power does not allow the 'message' to be sent so do not switch the power off to reboot it. If rebooting does not help, try a reset by holding in the button on the rear for about 10 secs.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

tcyjohnny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thank you very much, I rung sky and was told the DLM on fibre is just the first 3 days, so in theory, I can try a 'soft reboot' on it in a day or so. Since the game is now on TV, I might just go enjoy that instead now. cheers

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

The SR101 suffers from the same page load problems, but it always gets there in the end, even if it is necessary to hit the refresh button a couple of times.
      JPL