Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Nat Loopback on SR102

This is a discussion on Nat Loopback on SR102 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; At the moment I am still using the SR101, and lack of Nat Loopback has been an issue for me. ...

BigDave17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01543
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Nat Loopback on SR102

At the moment I am still using the SR101, and lack of Nat Loopback has been an issue for me. Since I will soon need to renew my contract, I expect Sky will offer me the SR102. Question is does the SR102 support Nat Loopback?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Nat Loopback on SR102

No need to worry, when your minimum period is up you go on to a rolling 1 month contract you do not start another. If you have the SR101, you will definitely not be offered the SR102 unless you are just upgrading to Fibre. Users with much older routers have difficulty getting them replaced, as yours is only about a year old, you have no chance.

There is a way to circumvent the lack of Nat Loopback by using the Hosts file. Have you looked into this?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

BigDave17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01543
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

OK, thanks for the info. I didn't know I would be on a rolling contract. I am unfamiliar with "Hosts file". The only way I can view my video stream at home is by using my phone, which is not really all that convenient. In the past I have Googled how to get around the Nat Loopback issue but never did find any satisfactory result.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If your video is within your network, can't you access it using it's local address, ie, 192.168.0.xxx?

Modifying the Hosts file may work, you could try adding this line to your file-

192.168.0.xx externaladdressofyourvideo.

Where xx is the address of your video followed by the external address you use to access it. This should work on a PC/Mac, but I am not sure about phones/tablets.

Edit - I have come across this article which may help - http://help.screenconnect.com/INFO-0025.ashx
      Last edited by Isitme; 16-02-14 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added info

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

BigDave17 (17-02-14)