Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Like Tree3Likes

Extract username and password from sr102

This is a discussion on Extract username and password from sr102 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All, Like a few people on here I just couldn't get this to work. Everything would be setup ok, ...

ngrison is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Extract username and password from sr102

Hi All,

Like a few people on here I just couldn't get this to work. Everything would be setup ok, but I would usually not see any DHCP packets or occasionally some packet with an unusable string (=cJ). I eventually found out that the issue was that I had selected Router Mode = "DSL Only" under Advanced -> WAN Setup. After changing to "Auto" the DHCP packet appeared straight away.

To all of you guys having problems, you probably want to check this option. Hope this helps a few people!
      LeeH1978 and Whyte like this.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigvon View Post
      Hey, I finally got round to installing Wireshark on my laptop, followed the instructions and it worked great. I now have a ZyXEL P-600 set up and the internet is working fine. I still can't seem to get my ipcams working with the new router though which was the whole point of changing routers and now my SKY Demand doesn't work. If anyone has any ideas please shout....
      Try changing the Multiplexing. Many find On Demand does not like VC-Mux on some routers and LLC on others, so try changing whatever yours is set at at the moment.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Whyte (20-10-14)

don_plenty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0116
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I am glad I read this thread - I am having the same issues as most of you here with getting the right details from my SR101. I realized i have not been disconnecting the adsl line when doing the capture.

Will try this and report back how I get on.

I also tried the install@o2........and this works but I am getting a VERY poor download rate - 3meg. Perviously on the SR101 i was getting 8meg download.

Reason for the change was poor wifi coverage.

Whyte is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ngrison View Post
      Hi All,

Like a few people on here I just couldn't get this to work. Everything would be setup ok, but I would usually not see any DHCP packets or occasionally some packet with an unusable string (=cJ). I eventually found out that the issue was that I had selected Router Mode = "DSL Only" under Advanced -> WAN Setup. After changing to "Auto" the DHCP packet appeared straight away.

To all of you guys having problems, you probably want to check this option. Hope this helps a few people!
      Get this man a beer!

Joined just to say thanks, Ive spent the last two hours trying to work out why bootp or udp.port == 67 would not show any DHCP discover packets with the username and PW and this was it. It needs adding/highlighting within the guides.

Thanks again!

Just getting everything sorted before i press the order on a ASUS RT-AC66U or the TP-Link Archer C7!!

michael49 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01621
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky netgear
      Thanks

Unfortunately my old router is a netgear (black) sky unit. not an SR 102

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael49 View Post
      Unfortunately my old router is a netgear (black) sky unit. not an SR 102
      The Sky Netgear router was white.

The black routers were D-link for the older ones (not many of these about) or Sagem more recently, AFAIK.
      There might be a black Netgear but these will be very rare.

AFAIK Sky only used Netgear in Phase 1 of broadband rollout and if you still have this router (the white one) then you can get a Hub for free, BTW.

EDIT
      According to wikipedia:
      During 2006, Netgear were the only manufacturer of Sky Broadband routers, which were made in white.
      From 2008, Netgear and Sagem were the manufacturers of the Sky Broadband routers, made in black and shaped to match the Sky+ HD box.
      Towards the end of 2010, D-Link starting producing routers for sky. The D-Link router is the DSL-2640S.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 18-01-15 at 12:53 AM. Reason: read wikipedia on sky routers
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The black Netgear is the DG934 a G class router. It was a step back from the DG834GT (white) which is a Super G capable of 108mbps with a compatible adapter, one of the best routers of its time. The DG934, Sagem 2504 and the Dlink 2640s all share the same GUI. The DG834GT uses a modified Netgear GUI.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

question.

got my skyhub early, can this procedure be done before I am activated? I mean getting the username and password from the skyhub.

done it. So can be done before activated.

Observations tho.

Turning the skyhub on when its not connected to the phoneline doesnt give access to the gui, instead a wizard appears informing that the internet is down, it then asks you to pick which configuration you have (I chose openreach modem but wont matter), then it will proceed to ask you to check if everything is as the diagram, it will say to click try to connect when ready. This I assume is an alternative to rebooting.

I got wireshark sitting waiting then hit try to connect, it took a while but after 5 mins of waiting was a dhcp discover packet from 0.0.0.0.
      Last edited by chrcol; 11-07-15 at 01:19 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567