Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is my Sky Hub faulty?

This is a discussion on Is my Sky Hub faulty? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I'm having some issues with my internet and i'm thinking it may be the hub? Both my Xbox One, and ...

pavilion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDFOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Is my Sky Hub faulty?

I'm having some issues with my internet and i'm thinking it may be the hub? Both my Xbox One, and Xbox 360 show that I am on a moderate Nat. I have been into the hub settings and uPnP is enabled. I just cant work out why it would do this. My Xbox One's detailed network stats say that my network is behind a port restricted NAT. I have tried defaulting the hub to its default settings too! Anyone have any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Is my Sky Hub faulty?

Have you opened the necessary ports? Many with more than one console put one in the DMZ and open ports for the other. UPnP does not always work to well.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

thanks for the reply

did, but when it didnt work, i reset it again! I will try it! Guessing I have to assign manual IP's for each console. Also, would this effect the nat even tho i would never use both consoles at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

its just occured to me tho, will the ports not be the same for both as they both connect to xbox live?

Thanks

its just occured to me tho, will the ports not be the same for both as they both connect to xbox live?
      You would have to give each console its own address and use this either in the DMZ or the Firewall rules.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

jsut been looking at little more into it too. The xbox website suggests i put my openreach box into bridge mode as it could be double natting the connection. I dont think i can, can I. Could the solutio be to pay for a 102 black sky hub so that there is no openreach box to double nat?

Thanks

I could be wrong but I don't think the modem does any Natting. It is my understanding that this is handled by the router. I know there are many who recommend connecting the console direct to the modem, which may be fine for an ADSL connection, but in this situation it will not work as the router has a part in authenticating the connection. A console cannot do this.

With this in mind, I don't think using an SR102 would help, in fact, you would be worse off, as at the moment it makes using your own router impossible..

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

ok, thanks for replies.

The other option would be that my hub is now incapable of doing what I need it to do correctly. It was a replacement sky sent for a previous faulty one so is no doubt second hand anyway! If I were just to get one off ebay, would it be a matter of just plugging in, defaulting the settings and being done with it? Ive often wondered if theres something wrong with it as the SkyHD light only seems to work when it wants to which is odd! using my own router isnt really something id do anyway

Thanks

Provided it has not been banned a router from eBay should be plug n play.

The Sky box light should be lit whenever the box is connected and flash when a program is being downloaded. If you are connecting by cable make sure the plug is firmly pushed into the box and the router port.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Hello again! The sky hd is always connected! grrrr! soo irritating! I'm absolutely convinced its the hub now! I have my xbox 360 on, i have assigned it a static ip address, and opened the necessary ports. uPnP is also on, but the upnp table shows that nothing is using upnp which cant be the case with the 360 on! The console can find live, and just tells me that due to my router, I will have a moderate nat! on a side note, is there something wrong with the forums mail server? im subscribed to this topic and have no notifications for this email. my email address is right and there is nothing in my spam folder either?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pavilion View Post
      Hello again! The sky hd is always connected! grrrr! soo irritating! I'm absolutely convinced its the hub now! I have my xbox 360 on, i have assigned it a static ip address, and opened the necessary ports. uPnP is also on, but the upnp table shows that nothing is using upnp which cant be the case with the 360 on! The console can find live, and just tells me that due to my router, I will have a moderate nat!
      Although I don't personally have an Xbox or PS3, the SR101 was tested with multiple games consoles at the same time and it reportedly worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pavilion View Post
      on a side note, is there something wrong with the forums mail server? im subscribed to this topic and have no notifications for this email. my email address is right and there is nothing in my spam folder either?
      Could you please check your profile settings and the email address?

The default setting is not to receive notifications of new posts, you may wish to change that and also double check the subscription status to this thread.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast