Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Hub SR102

This is a discussion on Sky Hub SR102 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Does anyone know if the SR102 can handle ADSL and Fibre? Does it have a modem that can work with ...

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

Sky Hub SR102

Does anyone know if the SR102 can handle ADSL and Fibre?
      Does it have a modem that can work with both services?

The reason I ask is that I have been having problems with my Sagem 2504n, every now and then it needs the wireless switched off and then back on again. Even though the wireless light is on, no wireless signal is being transmitted and my laptop cannot connect. However if I use my pc to access the router pages, I can then switch the wireless off and back on again and the wireless starts working. It would be useful to have a switch on the sagem to turn off and off the wireless to save having to switch the pc on!

Does the SR012 have a switch on the panel to switch wireless on/off?

Sky have emailed me to say I can have the latest Sky Hub router but I would be tied under a new 12 month contract. However with me paying a 12 month upfront line rental a few weeks ago, I am already under a new 12 month contract so I might as well have the new router.

As I am thinking of taking up Fibre, if I can get a good deal, then by having the SR 102 router, it would be a simple self install.

Can anyone help with my questions about the modem in the SR102 and does this model have a switch on the panel for wireless on/off which would be good to use overnight for turning off the wireless.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Hub SR102

Does anyone know if the SR102 can handle ADSL and Fibre?
      Does it have a modem that can work with both services?
      Yes.

Does the SR012 have a switch on the panel to switch wireless on/off?
      No.

The SR 102 has not yet been officially released so when they say their latest Hub they may be referring to the SR101 which is virtually the same except it does not have a VDSL modem built in.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

BroadbandKing (10-10-13)

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

If I went for Fibre, I guess they may send the SR102 as others have started receiving that model.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There is a good chance you would as several are reporting that they are getting self install. No guarantee though, as I think they are only being sent out to selected customers at the moment. They will eventually be the default for Fibre users.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pavilion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDFOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

not sure if this has already been mentioned, but when I was on the phone to sky today, they told me I could order a Sky Hub SR102 for 71!!! lol politely told them no thank you lol