Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Loose Heat Sink

This is a discussion on Loose Heat Sink within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i received my new sr101 today, this morn. got to wiring it in right away, until i heard something rattling ...

clahman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Loose Heat Sink

i received my new sr101 today, this morn. got to wiring it in right away, until i heard something rattling about inside the hub. so i broke it apart to see what and it was the heatsink from the PU. it is kindof glued on and really there was no hope of using paste etcetra, and i broke a wire too. anyway , i'll phone sky see if they want their junk back cetra. first impression of the hub,;; no usb connection;; no clock,,;;,.no software (?)
      http://www.speedtest.net/result/2885251969.png
      windows8 64 bit ; sky broadband and sky talk ; sagem f@st ethernet router ; 1.90 firmware ; big computer.

2. Advertisement
      Steele11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Halfway
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Anyone had some problems With the sky hub wifi

Personally I think sky wouldn't Been very happy Clahman That opened sky hub it if you blame it on you the best thing would have been too left it the way it was and sent it back They could have done their diagnose to make sure that what you said was true so you don't get a bill for their hardware And just blamed it on the packaging and post man It's like Apple terms and conditions As long u return it and condition that has not been tampered you will get your money back..

clahman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Anyone had some problems With the sky hub wifi

good ol sky are sending out another router and i explained partially the state of the broken one and they told me to bin it or send it back. the heatsink would've shorted had i used it so it was only really fit for the bin.
      i been with sky a good few years now and never had to return anything before so it's all good i would think. i got the 1st one free too as i threatened to cancel and go with talktalk. glad i didn't but they could make a better job of that heatsink.
      Last edited by clahman; 06-08-13 at 10:54 PM.
      http://www.speedtest.net/result/2885251969.png
      windows8 64 bit ; sky broadband and sky talk ; sagem f@st ethernet router ; 1.90 firmware ; big computer.

jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Re: Loose Heat Sink

Hmmm....Someone recently reported their sr101 exploded. I wonder if it was the same issue. Maybe their is a batch of faulty ones?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Loose Heat Sink

As Sky is the designer, manufacturer & distrubuter of the Sky Hub SR101, it is in everyone's interests to ensure that all such issues are reported to Sky ASAP.

In the unlikely event that it is a batch problem, such reports will help to get things rolling promptly.

It is also best not to attempt to repair things yourself as this would destroy any potential informatio that would help to identify the potential cause.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.