Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Airport extreme and SR101

This is a discussion on Airport extreme and SR101 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; If i could trouble the forum members for a bit of advice? I use the SkyHub SR101 on my adsl ...

daddyp81 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Airport extreme and SR101

If i could trouble the forum members for a bit of advice? I use the SkyHub SR101 on my adsl broadband. Its a pretty solid connection, but resyncs perhaps once a month.

I have lots of apple devices which use 5ghz (apple tvs, ipads, iphones etc) and i have recently acquired a 5th gen airport extreme. I was planning to connect this to the SR101, disable the wifi on the SR101 and broadcast my wifi from the AEBS. Do i need to do anything in the settings of the SR101 and AEBS in order to accomplish this? Could i connect them via netgear powerline adaptors in seperate rooms? or do they need to be connected directly via ethernet?

Also, what benefits would there be (if any) to retrieving my sky password and username and using the AEBS instead of my SR101?

I kindly await your responses.

Cheers

Andy

2. Advertisement
      Jaykay2201 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Re: Airport extreme and SR101

Hi I am looking a purchasing an AEBS Myself and also would like to know which is the best way to have this set up with the sky fibre broadband.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Follow the instructions here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html Turn off the DHCP in the AE and allow the Hub to handle it.

Provided you get a good connection, there is no reason why you should not join the with Homeplugs.

If you would like to run 2 different networks, follow the instructions here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html although this refers to a Dlink, the principles and basics are the same. The only problem you may have is with Double NAT which some VPN services don't like.

You cannot replace the Hub with the AE as it is not an ADSL router. If and when you move to Fibre, you will be able to use it. There are instructions in doing this in the Fibre section.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Jaykay2201 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hi thanks for the reply how do i set it up with sky fibre to replace the sky hub?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.