Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Two Routers Separating into Two Networks

This is a discussion on Two Routers Separating into Two Networks within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All, This is my first post. I have a query in regards to two Sky f@st2504n routers I have. ...

DaveC2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Two Routers Separating into Two Networks

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have a query in regards to two Sky f@st2504n routers I have. I am currently using only one of the routers for my wireless network. I would like to use the other router for separating the network into two networks (or subnet) for a test lab. I am unsure of how to do this on these routers. I am also unsure if it is possible to do this on these type of routers.

Can someone please help me with this query?

Many Thanks,

DaveC2003

2. Advertisement
      buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Re: Two Routers Separating into Two Networks

Just set up the other router with a gateway and dhcp range in a different subnet, i.e. 192.168.1.0

If you want to be able to route between the two networks you'd need to set up RIP or a static route. These options aren't in the Sky GUI - they might be in a hidden menu perhaps, I'm not sure though.

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: Two Routers Separating into Two Networks

You might be able to setup the second router if you flash it with custom firmware but you'd probably end up double natting due to the inflexibility of the sky router.

If you're at the stage were you're talking about building Lab networks then you probably want something a bit more powerful than your average home router, are you on FTTC or ADSL?

I like RouterOS and EdgeOS but neither platform has ADSL support so would require a seperate DSL modem, both also have a fairly steep learning curve.

RouterOS has more features, EdgeOS seems more stable but needs a lot of the config to be done in the CLI