Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DNS keeps stopping on Sky DLink router

This is a discussion on DNS keeps stopping on Sky DLink router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have a Sky Dlink router (not sure what the exact model is). It often stops responding on DNS . ...

techy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tonyrefail
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

DNS keeps stopping on Sky DLink router

I have a Sky Dlink router (not sure what the exact model is).

It often stops responding on DNS. Internet works fine. If I statically set the DNS on laptop to google it's fine. Doing DNS lookup on router itself is fine, but when I use nslookup to test router, it just doesn't respond. Network trace shows no response. Only way to fix is reboot, then it works for a few hours and stops again. It's fine to statically assign the DNS on the laptops and pc's but the tablets/phone etc can only accept DHCP addresses for IP and DNS. These then fail as DNS won't respond.

I dread phoning Sky and getting the same script crap I always get, them telling me it's my line. Oh and as I have a faulty LED on the router (been that way since had it) they tell me I'm not connected to the internet, when clearly I am. Had many an argument with them over this, they can't help me if they don't know what lights are lit and I should pay them to send me a new router, no chance.

Is this problem a known issue? Anyone else with similar probs?

2. Advertisement
      shakey1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: New Brancepeth NENP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Re: DNS keeps stopping on Sky DLink router

use live chat say that you would have rang up but they just get you to do what you have had done many times before if you out of contract tell them that you router is completely dead you don't intend to pay for a service you cant use and due to the way sky works you cant use an old router you have from another isp im sure theres a email address for the ceo of sky on here try that give a try

techy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tonyrefail
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I tried that. After telling them not to touch my profile etc, they said call in. I asked if they could get someone to call me. Answer. NO, it's an on line only help. They couldn't help me by chat. What a waste of time, only spent 3 hours waiting for a chat session.

shakey1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: New Brancepeth NENP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

well you could try emailing here have a look at the thread Valid Email Address for Jeremy Darroch - Sky+ HD - Digital Spy Forums that email address so take you right to the top of Sky given that you having no luck at all with this problem this might sort it for you the link says that email is still valid tho I never had a serious problem please be aware that the email address is for top level of sky given that you say cs isint listening as you say
      Last edited by shakey1980; 07-06-13 at 05:20 PM.