Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Like Tree23Likes

Beta Trial

This is a discussion on Beta Trial within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Scubbie I too would love to know right now what the new router looks like, how it ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Beta Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I too would love to know right now what the new router looks like, how it performs and the specifications too.
      In that case I hope you get accepted.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hopefully some Skyuser contributors (new and old) will be included in the trial, so that another set of excellent independent reviews and articles about the device can be prepared and published when the product is launched.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I was rejected as they decided on post count within the community.
      I don't use that area much as it is full of sycophantic fan boys who are always so full of praise for sly no matter what, I find it sickening.

dog-man

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

lol - I do have to choose my words on the Sky forums carefully. One example recently was someone who was trying to dig up an old Copy+ thread. Essentially I pointed out that Copy+ is no good for the Sky+ HD now and to search for an alternative.

From my understanding there was a large response from the community.

I believe that this is a good thing as it shows a lot of interest in the beta testing.

As for volume of posts, this allows them to see just how good some people are at participating. The beta groups do benefit from people joining in with good and bad reports.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      I was rejected as they decided on post count within the community.
      I don't use that area much as it is full of sycophantic fan boys who are always so full of praise for sly no matter what, I find it sickening.

dog-man
      Lol, I was thinking along the same lines but thought it might seem like sour grapes to say so.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Its the truth.
      If you post anything that is not pro sky the post is removed without explanation.

I used to participate when it first started but I was just sickened by the volume of posts just saying how lovely and fluffy sky was.
      I posted some comments asking why sky go was not available on the Motorola Xoom and they were either ignored or removed without explanation.

The Ipad can do exactly what the Xoom can do but the Ipad is allowed to access sky go, the Xoom is not.

I just found it so annoying that unless you posted something that was praising the sunlight that shone out of sky's backside, your post was removed or if lucky, you just got a totally meaningless copied from a script reply, that totally ignored your query.

I then jumped ship, I couldn't take any more.

dog-man

launton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVROY (Liverpool Royal)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-N66U
      Sky TV: Humax HDR-1000S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      Its the truth.
      If you post anything that is not pro sky the post is removed without explanation.

I used to participate when it first started but I was just sickened by the volume of posts just saying how lovely and fluffy sky was.
      I posted some comments asking why sky go was not available on the Motorola Xoom and they were either ignored or removed without explanation.

The Ipad can do exactly what the Xoom can do but the Ipad is allowed to access sky go, the Xoom is not.

I just found it so annoying that unless you posted something that was praising the sunlight that shone out of sky's backside, your post was removed or if lucky, you just got a totally meaningless copied from a script reply, that totally ignored your query.

I then jumped ship, I couldn't take any more.

dog-man
      Thanks for that info, I hope I'm rejected then. I find it much cosier here. I don't post a lot but I do read a lot

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

There are many sides to this dog-man.

For a start I have seen many posts which have been slagging off Sky for one reason or another. On this forum as a moderator I have access to some information about who is posting on this forum (i.e. IP Address history, email address), whilst I have none of this access on the Sky forums. However I would expect the Sky staff to have full access and possibly some indirect access to account information.

As for being "fluffy" about Sky, knowing what the team can be like and prior to me getting invited to be a "Super User" I have had disagreements on the Sky forums with some staff. In one particular instance I had a link to this forum removed which had previously been used in another thread. The matter was resolved and I was allowed to post the link again.

They do have some rules that need to be abide by. Common examples would be discussions about replacing the hard drive (which we discuss openly here) using your own router (don't even ask me how many threads are available on SkyUser about this topic) and how unhappy someone is.

I saw one post where someone summed up nicely the attitude of a lot of people on the Sky forums. Basically a lot of people complain and demand money off. Thankfully on this forum none of the moderators or owners work for Sky, so we do not have access to do this. Once people realise this they tend to calm down and very often the membership is able to resolve the issue or direct the person to a suitable place to complain with some useful background information.

There was an update for Sky Go today. Did you notice it? Among a few other things was a fix for the Motorola RAZRi with Jelly Bean.

The development team for the Sky Go app on android are working to resolve issues such as what you are experiencing. I am unable to provide specific details as to what is happening and when the next update is due, but things are happening.

As for posts not being responded to or when they are the typical response is to copy & paste a response, this can be explained. I would agree that many of the copy & pasted responses are not always suitable at resolving an issue. The shear volume of posts on their site doesn't help either.

However all this is going off the topic of this thread.

Anyway, as tempting as it may be, I still haven't resorted to storing lots of common responses for this forum. I type each one, copying and pasting links as required, but I do not have a collection of word or notepad docs that I can access to post the response for the members here.

Judging by the many posts made by other members here, I would guess that the majority are the same and that they too do not have a collection of files to just copy & paste as required.

I guess we are a friendly bunch after all

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Restorer (17-05-13)

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Fangirl
      Scubbie likes this.