Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with wired connections to Sagem router

This is a discussion on Problems with wired connections to Sagem router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi Everyone I have a Sagem router and Sky Unlimited package. This router has worked fine in the past but ...

Kytekilla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problems with wired connections to Sagem router

Hi Everyone

I have a Sagem router and Sky Unlimited package.

This router has worked fine in the past but today the wired ports seem not to be working. Wifi is still fine.

I have an XBOX connected via an ethernet port and now when the cable is connected the light for that port continually flashes very quickly. When I test my XBOX connection it fails at the connection to router part of the test. I have also tried connecting my laptop to one of the ports with a different ethernet cable and have the same problem.

I have turned the router off and on a coupple of times and also pressed the reset button to no avail. Finally I have rebooted the router vie the maintenance menu but still no change. Have I missed anything that I could have tried? Is it just knackered and time for me to try to get a replacement?

Your suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Problems with wired connections to Sagem router

If you have tried different ethernet cables and still do not connect then it looks like your router LAN ports have failed. When you tried a reset did you hold the button in for about 10 secs or until the lights flashed? Simply pressing it and letting go is not enough to do a reset.

If you have done this, all you can do is call Sky and jump through their hoops. Although it has nothing to do with it, when you phone you should plug into the Test socket and use a different filter. As they will probably ask you to do this, it will save some time. They will probably ask you to pay for a replacement as yours will be out of warranty, although if you are paying for Sky Protect, it will be covered with that. It is up to you whether you pay them or get one elsewhere.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Problems with wired connections to Sagem router

When attempting to reset the router back to its default condition are you holding the reset button pressed long enough? You need to keep it pressed until the test LED blinks (usually about 10 seconds).

Ok Isitme beat me to it.