Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Hub

This is a discussion on Sky Hub within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My wireless signal with the Sky Sagem router I currently use doesn't quite reach one of the bedroom where the ...

bwfc0907 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Hub

My wireless signal with the Sky Sagem router I currently use doesn't quite reach one of the bedroom where the kids use an iPad. If I bought the new Sky Hub would it extend the signal?

Fibre doesn't roll out until the end of the year.

My other question is, I have hard wired the house for ethernet on a gigabit switch, the router connects to it and everything then runs from there. Am I correct in thinking signal from router would be max 100mb but any other data around the network will still be 1gb speed?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Sky Hub

Which Sagem router are you using?

Sky has used 3 different Sagem models (2504, 2304n and 2504N).

The Sagem 2504N has a similar WiFi signal strength Sky Hub SR101.

The Sagem 2504 is a WiFi g router and the signal strength is weak by comparison. The Sagem 2304n is an improvement on the Sagem 2504, but not as good as the 2504N & Sky Hub SR101.

Actual results do vary between homes.

As an alternative, since your current coverage is poor, you could consider getting getting a Wireless Extender and connecting to your existing Gbit LAN.

The link between the switch and the Sky router will be 100mb. The router's link to the Internet will be limited to your connection speed. However anything internally will run at either the limits of their adaptor (if it is a 100mb LAN adaptor) or up to the 1Gbit limit.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.