Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky Hub Pausing Between Web Pages (Wireless Connections)

This is a discussion on New Sky Hub Pausing Between Web Pages (Wireless Connections) within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Got my new SR101 Hub a few days ago, plugged it in, and everything worked no problem at all. INSSIDER ...

puppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

New Sky Hub Pausing Between Web Pages (Wireless Connections)

Got my new SR101 Hub a few days ago, plugged it in, and everything worked no problem at all. INSSIDER reported a speed of 144mbps, and synced onto the ADSL at my usual ~7kbps.

However, straight away I noticed that a noticeable lag/pause was apparent when flicking between web pages. Restarted the router, restarted the PC, still the same. Have also noticed the same on my son's PC and also my iPhone. Decided to change the router back to the 2504n this morning, and straight away normal service has been resumed, and the pausing has vanished.

Anybody else noticed the same? (I'm referrng to wireless connections, I haven't tried anything hard wired to the router)

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: New Sky Hub Pausing Between Web Pages (Wireless Connections)

I too was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue.

Is this problem still happening or have things improved? If so, do you know what may have been causing it?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Scubbie. You say you have also been wondering, does that mean it is something you had noticed yourself?

I think things have improved slightly, although no idea why. I did temporarily try taking the router off of auto wireless channel select and using INSSIDER tried a few different channels that seemed to be clear in my area, but it didn't seem to help.

However, I have since put the settings back to auto, and left everything alone for a few days, and it seems to have improved a bit for some reason. The Hub hasn't been restarted, and the cabling hasn't been changed, so no idea what has made the difference. I would still say I am seeing the issue slightly now and then, but it's certainly not as bad as it was initially.

It's either that, or I've simply become less obsessed with my new toy than I was a few days ago!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

It isn't something which I have ever noticed on mine and not something I can say I have seen reported previously.

As previously mentioned, my WiFi channel is set to Auto. Whilst I mostly use my main Laptop on it, I have a 2nd Laptop which gets used every now and then on the WiFi. Since I've had this Sky Hub I have also had a few friends visit with their laptops and again no signs of any delays were noticed.

One of the things which I was wondering about was whether it might be something which could be resolved by clearing the DNS cache, browser cache or running something such as Advanced SystemCare.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

To be fair, I appreciate that it is indeed entirely possible that it is just an isolated incident, and could still be something to do with my setup somehow. It was the fact that the pausing was evident on more than one machine that made me think the Hub was to blame, and that notion seemed to be backed up by things returning to normal when I plugged the 2504n back in temporarily.

I did try flushing the DNS cache on my machine, and I also ran CCleaner to clear out any rubbish, but it didn't make any immediately obvious difference at the time.