Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

How many ordered the SR101 Hub then?

This is a discussion on How many ordered the SR101 Hub then? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; When I ordered broadband, I had a tracking number, did take a few days to update, but then did come ...

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: How many ordered the SR101 Hub then?

When I ordered broadband, I had a tracking number, did take a few days to update, but then did come up as "delivered to parcel hub" or something along them lines, on day of delivery was on the system as out to be delivered ( was carded as I was at work that day, had to collect from the local post office hub)
      Did take a few days from being given the number to show on system, but router delivered ( collected) about 3 days before installation was due

2. Advertisement
      DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Well, I noticed this morning the tracking changed to 'is on the way to the local delivery office', and no sooner had I looked at that, then the doorbell rang and postie delivered it :-) Seems you were right about it not being a 'live' tracker and just shows effectively a proof of delivery. Least I'm happy now :-). I'll connect it all up in a little while.

Sky Fibre Unlimited - Connected at 39,998 kbps ↓ / 9,998 kbps ↑
      Previous Sky Broadband Unlimited Speed 9,215 kbps ↓ / 848 kbps ↑

clactonradio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Clacton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

My router is here will have to do an unboxing and review video some time.
      My speed

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

So, anyone who has ordered one of these, honestly, in your opinion, is it better than the previous router that you had?

I would have thought, now that people who were beta testing the Hub would have started chatting about it. About its features, and its better wireless capabilities, but in all honesty, it doesn't look like they were that impressed. There isn't a lot of information coming out, as to whether people like them or not.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I guess one aspect is that it just works.

Ultimately this is what you should ask of any router.

It will certainly be nice to have confirmation regarding multiple Xbox or PS3 consoles. Also whether others who are specifically upgrading from the Sagem 2504N like it better or not.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

gusferlus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01709
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
      Think I might have called them in the first instance, rather than emailed, simply to get a quicker response. Let us know how you get on though.

I unfortunately moved over to Sky a week before the Hub was officially announced, so just bit the bullet and ordered one on the 18th. Annoying, but I doubt they would have entertained me asking for a Hub instead.
      Thanks for that Puppet and you were right! Here's what i was emailed......

Dear Mr ********
      Customer Account Number: ************
      Thank you for your email enquiring about the new Sky Hub.
      I can confirm that you placed an order on 01/10/2012 online. Those customers who place an order on or after 18/10/2012, those customers are eligible for this new Sky Hub. Hence, you didn't receive this new Sky Hub.
      For more information you can visit at the link given below.

Well strictly speaking they are right in the sense i ordered the sky on the 01/10/2012 although (arguably) i was not connected or active until the 18/10/2012?
      Failing this do you have a direct link where i can purchase the hub if need be as this sagem one (even though i have good speeds) is blinking orange on the @ symbol throughout the day.
      Thanks in advance

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gusferlus View Post

Failing this do you have a direct link where i can purchase the hub if need be as this sagem one (even though i have good speeds) is blinking orange on the @ symbol throughout the day.
      Thanks in advance
      First post of this thread.

If you want order the Hub online, you will need to click on the third circle, bottom right of the banners, and then click on Get It Now.

Get the New Sky Hub
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It shows 39 till I put it in my basket where it then changes to 69. Insanity. I'm just wondering if it's really worth the effort, since I had my fibre installed the router has been AWFUL. It's upstairs, but trying to use the iPlayer on the 360 or the Samsung TV downstairs just keeps buffering, trying to stream a movie from the laptop downstairs via the upstairs router back to the TV downstairs and that just keeps stalling and buffering too. Terrible. Changing the hub is my kneejerk reaction to try and get a decent stream.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
      It shows 39 till I put it in my basket where it then changes to 69. Insanity. I'm just wondering if it's really worth the effort, since I had my fibre installed the router has been AWFUL. It's upstairs, but trying to use the iPlayer on the 360 or the Samsung TV downstairs just keeps buffering, trying to stream a movie from the laptop downstairs via the upstairs router back to the TV downstairs and that just keeps stalling and buffering too. Terrible. Changing the hub is my kneejerk reaction to try and get a decent stream.
      There is a known issue if you are a fibre customer and the 69 price point.

You would be better ringing and then asking for the fibre team, the router is 39 for everyone.

DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Well I've plugged it all in, connected my two SkyHD boxes for OnDemand, my iPhone, iPad, Laptop and couple of other wireless devices and works great. Definitely get a stronger signal at the back of the house than before, and walk half way down the garden before it drops the connection.

The connection speed up and down is the same as before, but that's probably the line rather than the router, but will see if that changes as its been pretty static since Day1, although it did improve when I rewired the extensions and replaced the filtered line socket.

Overall, happy with it so far and seems better than my 1st Gen Netgear :-). It's also a nice looking bit of kit.
      NewsreadeR and Scubbie like this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited - Connected at 39,998 kbps ↓ / 9,998 kbps ↑
      Previous Sky Broadband Unlimited Speed 9,215 kbps ↓ / 848 kbps ↑

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast