Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

How many ordered the SR101 Hub then?

This is a discussion on How many ordered the SR101 Hub then? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Although the Sky Hub SR101 was working, there were some aspects which the development team needed to be ironed out. ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: How many ordered the SR101 Hub then?

Although the Sky Hub SR101 was working, there were some aspects which the development team needed to be ironed out. With this in mind a few were dispatched to new customers outside the beta group prior to the launch.

These lucky people didn't specifically know that they were being supplied the latest router from Sky.

Obviously any feedback was good and the launch has now happened.

As for receiving the new Sky Hub SR101, I am guessing that it is only applicable to customers who were either signed up from 18th October or had their routers ordered from that date.

If your router was dispatched on 17th October, then I am guessing that it would have been the Sagem 2504N. Do please remember that this has proved to be a good router since it was first reported in July/August 2011. A couple of glitches have been reported (i.e. some have a slow GUI, needs to be connected to Internet to make changes). Otherwise it has been quite popular and has won some awards.

It is hoped by Sky that the Sky Hub SR101 will much better and even easier still to install, especially for new people to ADSL and Fibre broadband. With this in mind, a lot of attention has been paid to the packaging as well as the router.

How many ordered the SR101 Hub then?-2012-06-21-11.28.13-cropped.jpg

Functionally the majority of Sky customers will probably notice very little difference at this time. Cosmetically of course the new Sky Hub SR101 does look very different to all the previous Sky routers. The improved WiFi features is going to affect some people for the better. I hope that this will reduce the number of WiFi issues which people report, but of course it will not be able to resolve them all.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      The improved WiFi features is going to affect some people for the better. I hope that this will reduce the number of WiFi issues which people report, but of course it will not be able to resolve them all.
      The thinkbroadband site did a test on the new router and found the wireless signal/transfer rates were better at shorter distances, however the 2504 was better at longer distances. Not sure how scientific the test is but worth a view (thinkbroadband :: Sky SR101 ADSL and Fibre Broadband Router Review).

DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

I ordered my Sky Hub SR101 on the 18/10 as an upgrade to replace the first gen Netgear that has been giving me a bit of jip for a while (and kept holding off once I new this one was on the horizon).

Checking my "Order Tracker" , I ordered on Thu 18/10, got an email on Sat 20/10 which contained a Parcel Force tracking number, and when I check that on Royal Mail Tracking, it says; "The sender has advised us that item [TRACKING ID] will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2012-10-19", well that was the day before I got the email with the number in it and it hasn't updated since. "Will be" posted implies it hasn't "Been" posted, which makes the tracking pretty pointless as I've got no idea where it is or when it's likely to arrive. I'd have thought it should have arrived by now if it was sent on the 19/10? :-(

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

i haven't ordered it myself might not bother

puppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBoxer View Post
      I ordered my Sky Hub SR101 on the 18/10 as an upgrade to replace the first gen Netgear that has been giving me a bit of jip for a while (and kept holding off once I new this one was on the horizon).

Checking my "Order Tracker" , I ordered on Thu 18/10, got an email on Sat 20/10 which contained a Parcel Force tracking number, and when I check that on Royal Mail Tracking, it says; "The sender has advised us that item [TRACKING ID] will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2012-10-19", well that was the day before I got the email with the number in it and it hasn't updated since. "Will be" posted implies it hasn't "Been" posted, which makes the tracking pretty pointless as I've got no idea where it is or when it's likely to arrive. I'd have thought it should have arrived by now if it was sent on the 19/10? :-(
      I was just about to come on here and say exactly the same thing. Ordered mine on the 18th at about 9am, and have had the same email with tracking number. Still showing on Royal Mail exactly as you have described. Not very impressed to be honest. Given that I actually paid postage, unlike some lucky folk, I had hoped it would have arrived by now.

(Anybody willing to bet that new customers will have had theirs in jig time?)

clactonradio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Clacton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBoxer View Post

Still not got my router yet which I ordered
      My speed

DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
      I was just about to come on here and say exactly the same thing. Ordered mine on the 18th at about 9am, and have had the same email with tracking number. Still showing on Royal Mail exactly as you have described. Not very impressed to be honest.
      Quote Originally Posted by clactonradio View Post
      Still not got my router yet which I ordered
      I'm glad it's not just me then! - well, not "glad" glad, but you know what I mean :-)
      If it *was* posted on Friday, then surely a tracked item should have turned up by now. If it doesn't come tomorrow and if there's no change to the Parcel Force status page, then I guess I'l give them a call and see what they say!

Ardbeggordon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wideopen
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

I ordered over the weekend , got the e-mail today saying that it was sent yesterday but if you go to the My Orders on the My Sky page it does say 3-5 working days delivery from today .

puppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeggordon View Post
      ....if you go to the My Orders on the My Sky page it does say 3-5 working days delivery from today .
      Yes, I suppose that's true. I think what is confusing though is the fact that Royal Mail's site hasn't been updated at all since the items were supposedly dispatched. From recollection, it usually changes to " Item XXXXXXX is progressing through our network" or suchlike.

itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Thanks

I believe they don't have a tracking number persay. I think they despatch as "signed for recorded" which in turn gives a tracking number but doesn't show the progress. It just says when it gets posted and where from and then when it was delivered with your signature as proof. To get a proper tracking number you would have had to of paid around the 7 mark. The form of tracking you probably expected is for next day delivery/special delivery parcels for both Parcel Force and Royal Mail.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast