Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By getstanley

using non-sky router

This is a discussion on using non-sky router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi there, no i know this has been brought up time and time again, however searching the net and this ...

getstanley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

using non-sky router

hi there, no i know this has been brought up time and time again, however searching the net and this forum im getting to the end of my tether, either because i dont have a clue or im just not looking in the right place.

simple question really, i want to use a 3rd party router simply because ive had nothing but trouble with it over the past year, and sky, as helpful as they are (sarcasm i know) arent helping much.

so... ive so far ive installed the sky router tool and also installed the custom firmware for the router to try and extract the username ad password, im not entirely sure what router i have, it is a sagem, grey in colour.

can anyone point me in the right direction or should i just give up and live with the nuicense?

massive thanks in advance, and again im sorry for the repetativeness of this query

glenn

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: using non-sky router

1) https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ for the username and password (unless you already have these)

2) For all the settings you would need for the other router. http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...tions-faq.html
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

getstanley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: using non-sky router

AMAZING!!!

all done! and to think i've spent nearly 2 days lookinh into this, obviously im way too reluctant to ask for help, note to self and all that!

thank you very much for your help
      NewsreadeR likes this.