Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Solid red light on replacement Sagemcom 2504 router

This is a discussion on Solid red light on replacement Sagemcom 2504 router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; It is definitely the 2504n version, which I'm assuming is the new one. The activation date on the box was ...

paul38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD
      Thanks

Re: Solid red light on replacement Sagemcom 2504 router

It is definitely the 2504n version, which I'm assuming is the new one.

The activation date on the box was late nov 2011, although I suppose theres the chance it's not the right box.

Paul

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Did you buy the silvery/black one off ebay? Pic -

If so, then you may find the mac address is just blocked. You can tell if you have sync by checking the status page for connection stats, you just won't have an IP address under the WAN Port section.

Anyhoo, good to hear you got yourself sorted.

paul38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD
      Thanks

Yep that's the one, with the button on the end, and that does sound like what it was doing........

Is it easy to get the mac address unblocked if it is? I did manage to find a field in one of the menus that asked for a name with another field for a mac address. I put the mac address from the label on the router in and it told me it was not recognised.

I'm almost afraid to try it again as when the sky guy increased the speed he mentioned the connection would monitor stability and increase over the next 5 days - known my luck I'd muck that up!!!

Starting to gather quite a collection of sky routers.....out of 3 bought of eBay, 2 not working (sagemcom 2504n & 2304) and one working fine with rubbish range!!!!!

Bit of a lesson there, although got most of them for next to nothing

Cheers paul

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Depends whether it's just suspended (literally a few clicks to get it unsuspended) or whether it's not in the database and seen as unrecognised (a lot of jumping through hoops to get that sorted).

I'd say just fire the old router with the weak signal in and just await the new router.

cyrilthepost is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

if get this problem with my sagem one(the black one)its the only one i've ever had.I got to switch on the router and go and do something 1st then come (like it has to warm up 1st before i use it) given up phoning sky cos they keep asking me to plug it stright into my phone socket?its the switching it on 1st is the problem!but i just emptied my shed out of all the junk in there and come across a router.Its the same one i got but it was left on my doorstep(by the postman i think?) i never asked for it.But the address for for the same house but in a totaly diff place(80 odd miles away) i rember asking them to come up and pick it up.But must have put it in the shed when they couldn't be bothered to come and pick it up.Would i be able to use instead?or will where ever it was supposed to go only they could use it???sorry for the long winded post :-)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

The log in details are unique to each Sky Router and become associate to your account by their usage on your connection.

Unless the other router has been blocked, then it should connect up to the Sky servers without any problems. They very rarely block a router.

Be aware that it may well need to upgrade the firmware the first time that you connect it. I would connect all the wiring, power it up and leave it for at least 10-15 minutes to settle down before you connect your computer to it.

Do use the PSU that comes with this 2nd router as it is possible for the one with your current router to fail.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12