Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting two router together - turn sky router into modem only

This is a discussion on Connecting two router together - turn sky router into modem only within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, I have looked at a few post on this form, but as of now, i havent found a direct ...

keevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connecting two router together - turn sky router into modem only

Hello,

I have looked at a few post on this form, but as of now, i havent found a direct answer to my question. I would like to know:

"Is it posible to use the sky router as a modem only, therefore removing all security that is automatically used on the router"

I would like to connect my Sky Router to the in wall then connect another Netgear N6000 router to the sky. But obv i do not want to have both routers running NAT etc... So i would like to stop ALL security and other features on the sky router.

Is there a tutorial somewhere which can provide me information to get the desired outcome i would like.

Many Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Connecting two router together - turn sky router into modem only

The are a few Netgear routers that go under the name 'N600', could you kindly check specifically which one you have please?

The DGNxxxx series have ADSL ports
      The DGNDxxxx series have both ADSL & Ethernet WAN ports
      The WNDRxxxx series have only Ethernet WAN ports

The document in the thread linked below would be useful and do as you are asking for the DGND & WNDR routers:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html

The document in the next thread link will work for the DGN & DGND routers, but the Sky router would effectively stay in control of your LAN as the DHCP Server needs to remain enabled:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html

I have the DGND3700 and by using it's ADSL port I am able to connect it directly to my Sky connection. I have also successfully used it through the Ethernet WAN port, with my Sagem 2304n effectively acting as a Modem.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.