Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dropping out after 15-20 minutes

This is a discussion on Dropping out after 15-20 minutes within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This is the latest manufacturers driver package for XP dated Oct '10. Realtek...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Dropping out after 15-20 minutes

This is the latest manufacturers driver package for XP dated Oct '10.
      Realtek

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Derrick241 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

thanks, this is where I got the drivers, I guess I am all updated then

still drops out though, I have done so many checks, really dont know where to go now

Thanks

I can't think on anything else you can do, except try the ethernet cable in different router ports. There is an outside chance that the switch in the router is failing. The only real option may be to replace the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Its a brand new router, as I said, I have no idea what next, have done everything I can think of, it really does beat the heck out of me

Thanks

Me too
      It is a common problem with wireless but ethernet is normally 100% if you have the correct Service Pack and drivers.

As it happens with 2 different routers and you have replaced the ethernet cable, it must be a fault with the PC somewhere. I am wondering if you have picked up some malware which is causing the problem, maybe in conjunction with your security software. You could try downloading and running Malwarebytes which will detect and remove most malware. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Download.com It is also worthwhile downloading the Microsoft scanner which will detect and remove anything missed by Malwarebytes. Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free online tool for PC health and safety

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

I use Avast free, Malwarebytes (full edition) they both update daily, I have all the updates from MS,

I run virus and Malware checks every day, so far nothing out of the ordinary, I'm getting Sky to come back out to check things, new hard ware in the PC, so I dont think it is the PC (I tried it round my sons, worked fine, no drop out)

The only reason they changed the router because it was 3 years old and it was the main suspect, but the problem persists even with the new router

I agree, a wired connecrtion is usually 100%

Thanks

You seem to have covered everything, but if it works OK on another connection, it raises another possibility. Its a very outside chance but I wonder if your electric supply has anything to do with it. I have seen cases where the PSU in a PC has caused the noise margin to drop considerably, resulting in the connection failing. Any way you can check this? A surge protector or UPS might show if this is the problem.

If your son is with Sky you could borrow his router and try it on your connection. This would rule the router in/out of the problem.

I know I am -
      Dropping out after 15-20 minutes-straws.jpg

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

I got a surge protector, after there was a lightning strike near us, people had TV, game consols, PC's, anyything that was connected to a power supply went bang, I was lucky I guess, I only had a kettle and microwave plugged in that day, so I never lost anything

That is an idea about the router going to my sons, I should have thought of that when I took the PC to him, DOH !!!

I ran that program in the link you sent me, it picked up my antivirus and Maklwarebytes software as trojans, and tried to delete them, but that was about it, there was 3 errors found, but no idea what they were,

Sky engineers coming Friday, they have found a fault on the line, maybe this is it :-)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have had a visit from the Sky/BT engineers, to sort out the telephone, and there is a major fault at the excgange, so that may be the cause of all this, and as I sighned up for the line rental from Sky, I havent had a phone line since I joined up with them (a good thing I was away on holiday), but I have lots of messages on the voice nail (I dont have a clue how to retieve them)

But in the past 24 hours I havent had any drop out (except when I was uploading photos to photo bucket)

I am hoping that this major fault they had at the exchange has been the cause of all this

Just got to sort out the P2P stuff now

Fingers crossed, its cnow

Thanks

The Wifi seems fine though on the laptops
      When you said your laptops were OK, I had ruled out an exchange fault. It would be a bit strange if everything was OK with wifi and the exchange fault only occurred with an ethernet connection. Let's hope they have fixed it and you have no further problems.

To access voice mail dial 1571.If you have Voicemail Plus you can access it online or by phone.
      Sky Talk | Accessing Sky Talk Voicemail Plus

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast