Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SAGECOM router and home network

This is a discussion on SAGECOM router and home network within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; new member here. i consider myself fairly tech savvy, but this has me stumped. I was previously using a belkin ...

ford1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

SAGECOM router and home network

new member here.

i consider myself fairly tech savvy, but this has me stumped.
      I was previously using a belkin 54g router, and my home network consisted of
      2 mobiles connected wirelessly
      2 windows 7 laptops connected wirelessly
      1 samsung t.v. wired
      1 vista desktop wired

i had an epson printer connected via usb to the desktop and every machine could print to it over network
      i had file sharing turned on on all machines so files could swapped over the network.
      i had samsung allshare on the desktop so the tv could stream media over the network

since plugging in the new sagecomm sky router the vista machine has dissapeard off my home network and the laptops can see eachother and the t.v.

neither laptop can print to the desktop, and neither laptop can access files off the desktop.

short of trying to install windows 7 on the desktop i am at a loss how to resolve this??

please can anyone advise how to get my home network up and running again.

P.S.
      I tried to use several tools to obtain my username and password to put in my belkin router but all attempts failed, and as such i gave the router to a family member. it was only then i descovered the network problem.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: SAGECOM router and home network

I do not have the Sagem 2504N, but the earlier 2304n and have streamed to my Samsung TV without any issues. Admittedly I normally use my Netgear DGND3700, but the Allshare should work just fine.

I am inclined to suspect your firewall software. I am betting that you have Norton AV or 360. I found that this bunged up my Desktop (Win XP) and it has issues sharing with a different IP Address range. With this in mind, could I suggest that you change the Sagem's IP Address range to reflect the Belkin's?

Also there is a new tool available for extracting the log in details from the router. Please check out this thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extra...-web-page.html

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

im using McAfee total protection, and this was installed prior to sks router, the router tool/website just seemed stuck on the loading screen and would not work, im at my wits end and currently d/l ing a modded windows 7 to install.

Its annoying cos the desktop is my main media server for the whole of my house.

Thanks

What was the IP range for the old LAN?

Sky's default is 192.168.0.nnn, with the router taking 192.168.0.1.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

im not sure, i know for the belkin the login page was 192.168.2.1 ?? could thisw be the problem?? im going to go ahead and fresh install windows 7 in the hope the homegroup sorts it.

Thanks

I would be tempted to change the IP address first as this is really easy. Since the router has a DHCP server, everything else will gain a new IP address next time it connects to the Sky router.

The reason I mention this is something I read about the Norton firewall. I am not familiar with McAfee.

Ashley Cardwell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanfaethlu
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect 17pm - CRAP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Basic & +
      Thanks

Just a small quesiton?

Because you switched routers, did you re enable file and printer sharing on viata / 7 devices? I had this problem before and because of the different "network" i had to re enable things and made sure windows 7 devices knew that they were connected to the "Home" network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cardwell View Post
      Because you switched routers, did you re enable file and printer sharing on viata / 7 devices? I had this problem before and because of the different "network" i had to re enable things and made sure windows 7 devices knew that they were connected to the "Home" network.
      With Windows 7, whenever you connect to a new router, or to a router for the first time after changing the SSID, security settings or IP Address range, you should be asked to define the network type. This is true for WiFi & Ethernet.

If it is your Home Network, then that is the option which should be chosen.

If you missed, click on the network icon in the Task Bar near to the clock. Click on 'Open Network and Sharing Center' (why is it that I have the American spelling ) and you can change it from there.

In the past I have been unable to change the settings from 'Public Network' when my Win 7 Laptop was unable to get an IP Address allocated.