Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem 2304 Router

This is a discussion on Sagem 2304 Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; There has been a lot of disucssion in a lot of threads about this modem, but I've yet to find ...

The Welder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem 2304 Router

There has been a lot of disucssion in a lot of threads about this modem, but I've yet to find anything that will work for me. I'm trying to switch routers and not use the one supplied by Sky, so I've got to get the Username/Password out of the router. Now from reading around, I understand how the username is made, but the password, well that's obviously some algorithm based on the MAC address.

Since the site: https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ is no longer working, what are my options for getting the password out of my router?

For anyone who's interested, I've got:-

Model: F@ST2304
      Firmware: 5.14.6.1a4N

I've even tried: Sky Router Tool by MRMT32 but it says my router isn't supported... So am really at a loss now. Is there anyone that can help me?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Sagem 2304 Router

Sadly until that site is recovered or another is created, there is no other options for the moment.

You could call Sky and politely ask if someone can provide you with your router's log in details, but technically they are forbidden from doing this. Please don't be offended if they refuse, but in the past people have been dismissed from Sky's employment over this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sagem 2304 Router

Thanks for the reply... But I've already tried to ask Sky for the password. The first time I phoned them I ended up with a retard that didn't seem to actually understand what I was asking... (He kept saying that the password was "sky" and I told him that he was basically an idiot and that was the password to log into the router, not the password the router was using to establish the connection.)

The second time I rang, I decided to threaten them with terminating my contract with them and the woman, who DID actually know what I was talking about said... "Yes, I know the password you're talking about and we know people use other routers but we cannot provide support for these devices. And I cannot give you those details. We are aware that there are third party sites that provide such information, but we cannot."

I was properly pssed off at this... I said, "But it's MY account and I DON'T NEED OR WANT any support from you, I just need some features that your router does support such as load balancing etc. So, I have to hack the **** out of your router in order to get the password for my own ******* account? Is that what you're telling me?"

"Yes", came back the answer.

This has to be the stupidest thing I've EVER encountered in my life. I can understand that they do it so they can support users using their hardware, but what about people who DON'T NEED their help and want to use their own equipment?

Well... If there's someone out there that knows the algorithm for the calculation of the password from the MAC Address, can they contact me and I'll code a proper application for it. Contact me The Welder/SR (welder@majesty.net)

It's time Sky were stopped.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 22-12-11 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Removed swear words.

Thanks

Personally I agree that it is silly that Sky will not let you have the log in details for your own router. Most other ISPs do this and many provide a good level of support to help.

It is unfortunate that the password site is down at present.

Of course there are other 'legal' ways of getting around the issue of having a poor router managing your home network. If you were to get a Cable router, disable the WiFi on the Sky router and place the IP address for the cable router in the DMZ zone, then it could be your point of access to the Internet, with the Sky router effectively working like a modem.

P.S. Please remember not to use swear words. The filter is there for a reason.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sagem 2304 Router

Well I appreciate the input, but I doubt that any cable router would supply the feature set that I have on my Cisco. Not without a serious amount of expendature anyway and I hardly think Daisy-Chaining devices together and adding IP's to the DMZ is really the best way forward.

Sky just shouldn't be obscuring such information! If people want to use their own devices, why shouldn't they? It's their account afterall. Sure, if Sky don't want to support these users then, fine, I don't have a problem with that and neither will they, more than likely (hence why they're using their own equipment)

Oh and what filter were you talking about again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Welder View Post
      Well I appreciate the input, but I doubt that any cable router would supply the feature set that I have on my Cisco. Not without a serious amount of expendature anyway and I hardly think Daisy-Chaining devices together and adding IP's to the DMZ is really the best way forward.
      The suggestion does work. The cable router would control your LAN. The Sky router will pass all traffic, uncensored, to the cable router's firewall & other services.

As for whether your router is better than any other out there, I'll skip the challenge. Personally I am very happy with the feature set on my own router and have a few more things to get from it too.

Sky just shouldn't be obscuring such information! If people want to use their own devices, why shouldn't they? It's their account afterall. Sure, if Sky don't want to support these users then, fine, I don't have a problem with that and neither will they, more than likely (hence why they're using their own equipment)
      Again I cannot disagree here. I am using my own router and it is far better than the ones supplied by Sky.

A little while ago I had a look at a friend's TalkTalk router and the log in details are very easy to locate. She is happy with her connection and has no intention of getting her own router, so it is unlikely that she would be wanting to play about with anything there.

Oh and what filter were you talking about again?
      There is a swear word filter on this, and many other forums, designed to pick up swear words. The fact that you needed to spell the word with '' shows that you may have tried without and found a problem.

Whilst mostly adults join this forum, it is public and children can visit.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

No doubt you are an expert, but did you bother to read the Terms and Conditions before you signed up? These clearly state that Sky broadband must only be accessed by the supplied router. If you did not agree with this, why did you sign up in the first place?

Many of us use our own router with no problem and so far, with no come back from Sky, but if they did put methods in place to prevent the use of our own router, we would have to accept it or leave. At the moment, that is your options, swearing at Sky staff and on this forum will not alter that..

We have been advised that James will be fixing the CM9 page as soon as he can. When that is done you may be able to get your details.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      The suggestion does work. The cable router would control your LAN. The Sky router will pass all traffic, uncensored, to the cable router's firewall & other services.
      Oh really? This will work if you manage your router/network remotely and log in from WAN side? Or you have VPN's that require specific NAT's? Of course it won't!!!! Well, not unless you set up a load of services to achieve this and good luck trying to map ports 1024-5000 and getting the triggering to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      There is a swear word filter on this, and many other forums, designed to pick up swear words. The fact that you needed to spell the word with '' shows that you may have tried without and found a problem.

Whilst mostly adults join this forum, it is public and children can visit.
      Shows that I may have tried, or that I know how forums work and intrinsically use characters for explitives to avoid such censorship? And I'm sure somewhere in your T/C it probably says you have to be 18 or something to sign up? But your point is noted in that children might visit due to their problems with their Sky routers/Services and if I bump into any, I'll be sure to let them know that I know of a children friendly forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      No doubt you are an expert, but did you bother to read the Terms and Conditions before you signed up? These clearly state that Sky broadband must only be accessed by the supplied router. If you did not agree with this, why did you sign up in the first place?
      Why wouldn't I sign up? How many ISP's do you know that obscure the username/password in their firmware? Like I said before, I can understand Sky not supporting people using their own hardware, but restricting people to ONLY using their hardware is a kin to buying a car, then finding out your only allowed to drive on the road THEY specify and finding none of them go to the place you want to get to! - Insane.

At the moment, that is your options, swearing at Sky staff and on this forum will not alter that.
      Oh I tried the diplomatic approach, but since that got me no-where, exhasperation took over at the thought of actually having to change ISP's to avoid such lunacy!

We have been advised that James will be fixing the CM9 page as soon as he can. When that is done you may be able to get your details.
      Well, I hope James can sort his site out soon. I've already figured out most of the algorithm and just need a few final pieces to generate the password. Have coded a Win32/Linux app which I'll release on this forum for people to use; just need a couple of runs on his site and I'll be done.

Thanks

Oh really? This will work if you manage your router/network remotely and log in from WAN side? Or you have VPN's that require specific NAT's? Of course it won't!!!! Well, not unless you set up a load of services to achieve this and good luck trying to map ports 1024-5000 and getting the triggering to work!
      Does using my DGND3700, connected via the Ethernet WAN port to my Sky router count?

If it does, then yes I have successfully used a VPN on this set up, connected remotely to a device on my home network and it worked well.

Of course this was using some specific versions of hardware & software, but not necessarily what you were using.