Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

anyone have Sagem F@st 2504 recovery cd?

This is a discussion on anyone have Sagem F@st 2504 recovery cd? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I think I have the Sagem F@st 2504 router.. It is grey with pimples. Recently it has crashed, and ...

andyp1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

anyone have Sagem F@st 2504 recovery cd?

Hi,

I think I have the Sagem F@st 2504 router.. It is grey with pimples.

Recently it has crashed, and no amount of hard resets seem to be able to fix it.. the top two lights are constantly green.

Sky have advised me that it appears, for some reason, maybe a power surge, the firmware is no longer present on the router, and they will need to send me their CD v4, which I will be able to use to get the router back up and running, but they tell me this will take 5 days!

This would be ok normally, but with christmas, we are ordering a lot of stuff and can't be without internet. We have searched for our original install CD for ages with no luck whatsoever.. I was hoping that I would be able to download a custom firmware from the web, and then login to the router manually via 192.1.68.0.1 to install it.. however.. I am no longer able to login to the sky web interface.

Does anyone have the sky v4 cd which they could upload for me? I have been searching online via my mobile phone trying to find this online, but cannot. apparently it has some recovery software on there which should be able to get our router working again.

I would be forever in your debt!

thanks, andy

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: anyone have Sagem F@st 2504 recovery cd?

Router's just do not normally lose their firmware. I would suspect something more serious is happening. A replacement router would be a safer option to take IMHO.

As for their delivery time, it is normal for them to quote 3 or 4 days. Often it would be only 2, but this week I would expect 5 days to be more likely as a minimum.

If possible, do you have a non-Sky router to hand? It might be possible to somehow get the log n details from your Sagem and put them on a spare router. This would provide you with a connection.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

thanks for your reply. well.... we have finally located the Sky CD v4.

unfortunately, when I run the sagem recovery program, it is unable to find the router.

"Your Sky Broadband Router cannot be detected. The recovery process failed. Please recheck all connections and that the router is in its recovery mode - indicated by the 'Power LED' being solid and that the 'Tick' LED flashing"

The Power LED light on our router is solid. The Tick LED light is also solid, and is not flashing..

Both of these lights have been constantly lit, since it stopped working last night. As soon as we turn the router on, they light up solid.

I think we have another one of these routers somewhere from our old flat we lived in. Would it be possible to somehow retrieve our login details from this (faulty?) router, and then to transfer those login details on our old Sagem 2504 router?

Thanks

I think you may need to press the reset buttng for around 50 seconds to place the Sagem 2504 into the update mode. Could you give this a try?

Quote Originally Posted by andyp1 View Post
      I think we have another one of these routers somewhere from our old flat we lived in. Would it be possible to somehow retrieve our login details from this (faulty?) router, and then to transfer those login details on our old Sagem 2504 router?
      Provided that the old Sagem hasn't been blocked (Sky very rarely do this), you should be able to just plug it in and use it. I would also be tempted to swap the PSUs over as well.

In the mean time call Sky (disconnect the spare Sagem 1st as they can see it connected otherwise) and explain that you have located the CD and that it failed to help. Ask them to send out a new router. You'll be sent either a D-Link 2640S, Netgear DG934G, another Sagem 2504 or the Sagem 2304n.

If you prefer, you could pay 35 for the Sagem 2504N. This supports up to 144Mb/s over the WiFi.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

just off the phone with sky again..

went through the same procedure with her that I had previously been through, running the recovery program etc.. each time, the router would be undetected.

finally, after trying to unplug the router for a minute and then plug it in again, it has come back to life, and internet is working.

very strange, as have tried to reset the router countless times, unplugged it, plugged it back in again etc etc etc..

the adviser thinks that 'somehow' by unplugging and plugging in the router again after using the recovery program on the cd (even if it cannot find the router) sometimes fixes the problem. she blames a firmware update which has gone wrong overnight.

anyway, problem solved for now. thanks for your help

Thanks

No problem. At least everything is working once more.

When you get a chance, extract the log in details from the router and store them in a text file. It is a good back up option, even if you never intend to use it just now.

As for the other router, it is still a good idea to dust it off and test it out. It should connect without any issues. Again extract the log in details from that one too.

Try this link:

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It is possibly your PSU is faulty. If it happens again, dig out the PSU from the older router and try it on your router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

donaldo247 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01277
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      No problem. At least everything is working once more.

When you get a chance, extract the log in details from the router and store them in a text file. It is a good back up option, even if you never intend to use it just now.

As for the other router, it is still a good idea to dust it off and test it out. It should connect without any issues. Again extract the log in details from that one too.

Try this link:

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/
      I don't have too many issues with my ADSL service from sky, but after buying a wifi only iPad recently, I was seriously disappointed by the weak wifi signal from my Sagem fast 2504 router.
      After reading many reviews I decided to buy the Billion BiPac 7800N router to boost my wifi signal etc. (I had already been in touch with Sky about a better router, but that resulted in a dead end).
      Anyway, before I purchased it, I researched exactly what I would need to do to ensure a successful migration. I checked I could access the Sky router password generator website, but did not enter my details at the time. When my new router arrived and I went to set it up, i have noticed that I can no longer access the Sky router password generator website via my Sky connection. I can however view it from my 3G phone.
      Has Sky blocked this site now does anyone know??? If so, what other work arounds can I use to extract my adsl username and password???

Ditcheat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01939
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I think you'll find that the website is currently off air. The owner has said that he is moving provider, and the site will be back in the new year.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast