Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky's new Sagem 2504N router FREE for existing customers!

This is a discussion on Sky's new Sagem 2504N router FREE for existing customers! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everybody, I had been gathering info on Sky's new Sagem 2504N router for a week or so now to ...

euphoria4949 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange code: EACLN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Lightbulb Sky's new Sagem 2504N router FREE for existing customers!

Hi everybody,

I had been gathering info on Sky's new Sagem 2504N router for a week or so now to help me decided whether it was worth me paying 40 for it. Well last night I decided to give Sky a call and I'm glad I did!!
      Also bare in mind I have Not been a Sky custom for years & years, I only joined them about 6/7 months ago.

My call to Sky:
      Ok, so I just went through to normal BB customer services, not tech support or customer retentions, and I spoke to a really pleasant young guy from Ireland. I was very polite and friendly as I explained to him that I had been reading about Sky's new 2504N router and that it sounded quite good and I was interested in have one. The CS adviser informed me, as I already knew, that the router was 40 for existing customers and that was a "Fixed Price"!
      So I told him that I was having problems getting a signal in my bedroom with my current router, which is sort of true I don't get a great signal at the moment, and that I would like the new 2504N router to try and improve the WIFI in my home. He told me that unfortunately there is No possible way for them to discount the router for free as them system wont allow them to.
      But I didn't give up there, so I cheekily said "well how about if I pay for the router with my credit or debit card now and you just add a 40 credit to my account, so you would effectively be taking payment for the router but I would actually be getting it for free"
      He laughed and said well we're really not meant to do that. But...... I suppose I could ask my supervisor if you would like? I of course said, "Yes please".
      He put me on hold for 2mins to speak to his supervisor and then returned to say,.... "Ok we can do that for you". RESULT!!

So after just a 5minute phone call and a little bit of polite cheekiness I paid the 40 over the phone and the CS adviser immediately added a 40 credit to my account, so I now have a nice new Sagem 2504N router on it's way to me in the next 2/3 days free of charge!
      Even better I thought the credit he added to my account would probably go onto Januarys bill, but it didn't it got immediately deducted from my current December bill that is due in just 2days so I don't have to pay my bill this month.

So give Sky a call and get yourself one!
      Nice little present for Christmas, thanks Sky

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Sky's new Sagem 2504N router FREE for existing customers!

What's to say everyone will get the same favour as you? Bit of a misleading thread title
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      What's to say everyone will get the same favour as you? Bit of a misleading thread title
      I agree. Many people blag different things from Sky which others can't. The well known method of threatening to cancel if you don't get what you want, more often than not results in a transfer to Cancellations. Sky will soon put a stop to this 'loophole'

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

euphoria4949 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange code: EACLN
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Thanks

I was just telling people what I did to get the new N router for free, I didn't threaten to leave, say that I was unhappy or demand it in anyway, i just politely asked and they didn't put up much off a fight, and I've only been with Sky about 6 months. Sooo i was saying why not give them a call because they are obviously prepared to give it to existing customers for free if you ask!

Oh and I dont seem to be able to change the title otherwise I would add; "If you ask". To the end of the title.

skybob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01942
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Thing is it makes you feel good when you get something for free in this life and somthing for free out of sky even better.I got 6 months free phone line rental from sky and my downstaires bits grew.