Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Sagem Access Control bug?

This is a discussion on Sky Sagem Access Control bug? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, I donít know if any one can help but ive got a sagem sky router (the one with the ...

gti
      gti is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Sagem Access Control bug?

Hello, I donít know if any one can help but ive got a sagem sky router (the one with the dimpled case), but it appears to have a bug in the firmware ( Its on the lates sky build 2.8 iirc). What ive found is when I go to access control it crashes out the web interface on the router so you cannot reconnect to it (im configing the router across cable to keep things simple), although the cat5 and wireless ports continue to work with the internet. To get the web config interface back I need to toggle the power to it. The only settings ive changed are the standard ones, such as dhcp, ssid, encryption type, wifi password, and admin password.
      Has anyone come across this before?
      Thanks in advance
      Trev

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Sagem Access Control bug?

Never came across this before and as you say it looks like a corruption in the firmware. Here is a couple of things you can try. First go into the router settings and use the Backup Settings link to save your existing settings. This will make it easier to return them.

Now reset your router by pushing a pin into the reset hole on the rear and hold it there until the lights start flashing. Try to enter the Access control page. If it works go to the Backup settings and return your personal settings. Try again to enter the Access control, if it doesn't something in your settings if effecting it,if it does, good and well, you have cured it.

You could also try using an alternative browser, but if the router is crashing it may make no difference.

It may be as well to ensure that any wireless devices you have are switched off, as it is just possible that one of these is interfering.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gti
      gti is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sagem Access Control bug?

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back. ive only just been able to try it and it worked a treat.

Many thanks for your help

Trev