Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem F@st 2504 Latest Firmware help please?

This is a discussion on Sagem F@st 2504 Latest Firmware help please? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This my first post on the site so I wanted to say a big Hello firstly I have read posts ...

euphoria4949 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange code: EACLN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sagem F@st 2504 Latest Firmware help please?

This my first post on the site so I wanted to say a big Hello firstly
      I have read posts on here before to get info and help since I joined Sky about 7 months back and it's been really helpful, but I've been searching the site for the past half hour and I can't seem to find a definite answer to my question so I thought I would just sign up and ask you all.

Right, I think the router I have is the Sagem F@st 2504, but I'm only going by a picture I found on the web. I've checked the routers maintenance page but it doesn't say the model anywhere! It has the grey top with the golf ball dimples on it, so I think that's the 2504 but please correct me if I'm wrong.
      My question is, what is the latest firmware for this router???
      I'm currently running the 2.8Sky and I was wondering if there was an update.
      Also I think I remember reading that this router is quite old, so do you think it would be worth me phoning Sky to ask for the Sagem 2304 or Sagem 2504N???
      Although I would need to wait until the new year if Sky are still charging for the 2504N as Christmas has left me short on cash.

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Sagem F@st 2504 Latest Firmware help please?

From your description and the firmware version, you do indeed have the Sagem 2504. You also have the latest firmware installed. I don't think it has been updated for some time now.

Personally I would suggest saving up a little more money and getting yourself a much better router if you want the benefit of a faster WiFi connection.

However I should point out that there have been very few complaints regarding the Sagem 2540N router to date.

The main gripes have been regarding an understanding of WiFi n speeds and a lack of knowledge about the differences between each part or the standard (i.e. 144Mbps, 130Mbps, 270Mbps, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, channel bonding & frequencies). Other issues have been related to Sky's firmware and it's lack of flexibility.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

euphoria4949 (09-12-11)

Thanks

Thank you for that info I really appreciate it.
      And based on your info and some other intel I gathered from this forum about the new Sagem 2504N I decided to give Sky a call, I'm glad I did!!

Here is the result of my call to Sky:
      Ok, so I just went through to normal BB customer services, not tech support or customer retentions, and I spoke to a really pleasant young guy from Ireland. I was very polite and friendly as I explained to him that I had been reading about Sky's new 2504N router and that it sounded quite good and I was interested in have one. The CS adviser informed me, as I already knew, that the router was 40 for existing customers and that was a "Fixed Price"!
      So I told him that I was having problems getting a signal in my bedroom with my current router, which is sort of true I don't get a great signal at the moment, and that I would like the new 2504N router to try and improve the WIFI in my home. He told me that unfortunately there is No possible way for them to discount the router for free as them system wont allow them to.
      But I didn't give up there, so I cheekily said "well how about if I pay for the router with my credit or debit card now and you just add a 40 credit to my account, so you would effectively be taking payment for the router but I would actually be getting it for free"
      He laughed and said well we are really not meant to do that. But...... I suppose I could ask my supervisor if you would like? I of course said, "Yes please".
      He put me on hold for 2mins to speak to his supervisor and then returned to say,.... "Ok we can do that for you". RESULT!!

So after just a 5minute phone call and a little bit of polite cheekiness I paid the 40 over the phone and the CS adviser immediately added a 40 credit to my account, so I now have a nice new Sagem 2504N router on it's way to me in the next 2/3 days free of charge!
      Even better I thought the credit he added to my account would probably go onto Januarys bill, but it didn't it got immediately deducted from my current December bill that is due in just 2days so I don't have to pay my bill this month.
      Nice little present for Christmas, thanks Sky

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

So you have had 40 credited to your account. What about the 40 that is coming off your credit card, doesn't that count as your payment to Sky?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      So you have had 40 credited to your account. What about the 40 that is coming off your credit card, doesn't that count as your payment to Sky?
      What? Ok, i paid 40 on my card for the router as they cant discount it on there system, but they immediately gave me the 40 back by adding it to my account, therefore the router was free!

Thanks

But you are still paying 40 from your card, which is paying your account, so to say " I don't have to pay my bill this month." is incorrect. You have in fact paid it in advance.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      But you are still paying 40 from your card, which is paying your account, so to say " I don't have to pay my bill this month." is incorrect. You have in fact paid it in advance.
      Yes and as I said my bill was already generated and was due for payment in 2days. So I basically paid my bill 2days early, but I got the router free so who cares

Thanks

Sorry, but when you said this -
      so I don't have to pay my bill this month.
      Nice little present for Christmas, thanks Sky
      It gave the impression you were not having to pay at all this month

Good luck with your router, let us know how you get on with it when it arrives.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Just a silly point to add to this, I appreciate that you are getting your money back, but for reference the Sagem 2504N is available for 35, not 40.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms