Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2504N Router

This is a discussion on 2504N Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Yes User05 she did take the £35 payment....

ross anthony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01282
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: 2504N Router

Yes User05 she did take the £35 payment.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Hello again,
      Router has still not arrived, so i rang sky, they say they think it has got lost in the post and are sending me another one and if they both finally arrive to return one of them.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

There are a lot of packages in the postal system at the moment. If your local delivery office is not well organised, they could be stuck somewhere in their buildings.

Hopefully one will arrive soon though.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

tomhill1942 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01744
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I posted on another thread about my problems with my routers from Sky.
      My original Netgear DG834Gt gave up the ghost and was replaced witha Sagem F@ST 2304. This router was a complete disaster and after a few weeks of all the usual checks with Sky (ie Test Socket, filters, line reconfigured etc). I bought a Sky Netgear DG934G of Amazon and tried it and my line was completely stable.
      I rang Sky and explained this and they said they would replace the F@st 2304. I said I would like it replaced with a Netgear router. The advisor said she couldn't guarantee what router I would get, so I agreed to pay £35 , to "upgrade" to a new Netgear N router, which the advisor said she herself had and was absolutely brilliant.
      This was on the 7th December. I kept checking my order progress on My Sky and it never got passed the stage of "order being prepared for delivery ". I rang Sky several times and was assured that all the paperwork had been “passed to the back office" and my router would with me in a few days.
      Eventually in the 20th December I sent an email outlining the full saga which by this time had gone for 7 weeks. I received a curt email simply saying they had ordered new router. I checked on My Sky and the order from the 7th had simply been replaced by another order dated 20th December. I sent another email asking exactly what was happening and asking if someone would to please read my email properly and unless the matter was sorted out I would consider my option in New Year.
      Yesterday I received an apologetic phone call form an advisor who admitted she was a little confused as to what was happening.
      She said she had rung Unipart, who sends the routers out, and I would have my router before 10.00am the next day.
      The router has arrived as promised but it is not the Netgear N router I agreed to pay for but a Sagem F@ST 2504N.
      I have been promised a phone call this afternoon to check everything is OK. I am annoyed that this matter has gone on for over 7 weeks now and I am £35 out of pocket and I still haven’t got the router I requested.
      So guys I hope you have more success than I have had when you try to order a specific router. Sorry if this seems long winded but this is shortened sanitised version of the whole saga

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Sky do not do a Netgear N router, so it is pointless trying to get one from them. They do the Sagemcom 2304N, which you have had and the updated 2504N which you have now received. If someone told you you could get a Netgear N, they were wrong.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I was told on at least 2 occassions that they do a Netgear N Router???????? I will await the outcome of the telephone call this afternoon(if they call)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I was told on at least 2 occassions that they do a Netgear N Router????????
      If they do it must be very new, as no one, that includes Sky employees who post here, has heard of it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just had my phone call from Sky. There does appear to be come confusion at Sky as the lady who rang me back doesn't seem to know if there is a Netgear N router.I have agreed to keep the Sagem F@st 2504N and try it over the next 10days.She has also agreed to refund my £35 and has give me her direct number to ring back in the New Year if there is any problems
      I always try to be relatively calm when I ring customer services as feel somtimes they are not given the information they should have or proper systems to back them up

Thanks

I have just got another e-mail from sky, saying they have now dispatched my router and i can track it on line.
      I will wait and see if i get it before Christmas.

Ross Anthony.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ross anthony View Post
      I have just got another e-mail from sky, saying they have now dispatched my router and i can track it on line.
      I will wait and see if i get it before Christmas.

Ross Anthony.
      Further to your post and my posts #14 &18, I hope you have more suucess with this router than I am currently having

For example this evening between 7pm and10pm the line has hung/frozen then diconnected 6 times. The noise margins suddenly go from as high as 10.3 to showing a negative figure.

This is exactly the same problem I was having with F@st2304.

This is now 2 Sagem routers I have had problems with and as I said above the 2 Netgear routers I have used on my line have been trouble free. I'll persevere a liitle longer but I think there will be yet another call to Sky in the new year and a change to a Netgear router

I have noticed on some other threads there is mention of different routers having different chipsets and problems with compatibilty with Sky equipmnet.

My exchange( St. Helens) has Easynet equipment in . Could this be a problem?

Does anyone else on my exchange have similar problems?

Edit

Would you believe that since I did this post yet another F@st 2504N has just arrived. I am in two minds whether to try this seeing the previous 2 Sagem routers haven't worked
      Last edited by tomhill1942; 24-12-11 at 11:53 AM. Reason: To add updated info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast