Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagecom F@st 2504N Transfer Speeds

This is a discussion on Sagecom F@st 2504N Transfer Speeds within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi I have just got the Sagemcom F@st 2504N. The problem I am having is that I can not get ...

Just0371 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagecom F@st 2504N Transfer Speeds

Hi I have just got the Sagemcom F@st 2504N. The problem I am having is that I can not get transfer speed’s above 72Mbps . My net work adapter is a Realtek RTL8191SE which should support better transfer speeds than 72 Mbps.

The network adapters drivers are the latest and I have tried all alternative broadcast channels on the router .Innsider reports the routers max rate as 144n

This router is turning out to be no better than my Sagemcom F@st 2304N which also gave me transfer speed of 72 Mbps .

Thankfully I got for just over 15.00 new and unopened on Ebay and did not pay Sky 35.00 for it

Any advice appreciated

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sagecom F@st 2504N Transfer Speeds

Have you checked in the router settings that it is using the highest possible mode?

If it is try reinstalling the drivers with the latest available from here - Realtek I would try this whether you have the latest drivers or not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply yes it is using the fastest possible mode.Also the Realtek site is where I obtained the latest drivers i have tried reinstalling them rolling back the drivers nothing seems to improve the transfer speeds.

Is it likely to be the network adapter rather than the router

Thanks

It is possible that the adapter chipset is not fully compatible with the router. I have two adapters, a TPLink and a Dlink, the first connects to my Netgear at 54mbps and the second at 108mbps. It is a super G.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Something I frogot to mention is that if you are using WEP, it will connect at a lower speed. Use WPA2-AES or WPA2-TKIP.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions I had read somewhere else about changing the security settings , when I tried all the channels I had my network unsecured and still would not go above 72Mbps

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Sorry for coming in a little late on this thread, but the adaptor you have is what was originally in my own Laptop.

You won't get it to connect at a faster speed on the Sky 2504N router than what you have achieved. The Sky router uses a single channel to achieve it's 144Mb/s connection speed.

The most it will connect at is 150Mb/s on a router which uses paired channels (40MHz bandwidth).

What you could do is to change the adaptor for one that supports 300Mb/s or get a different router which support 270 or 300Mb/s. A replacement adaptor will cost between 10 and 40. I went for one that supports both 2.4GHz & 5GHz channels, but the Sky router only works on 2.4GHz.

Take a look at this link, but please double check that your WiFi adaptor is the same size as this one if you take this option:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Centr...1031432&sr=8-6

another option would be this one, but I believe is it 2.4GHz only:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Wirel...1031432&sr=8-2

There are other options around and I would strongly recommend that you double check everything before ordering a replacement card. I got caught with my other laptop as the first card I ordered had the wrong size aerial connectors.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for all the help . I will look at changing the network adapter sometime .I am so glad I never paid 35.00 for the router only to find out it was no different to the one I already had.