Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disable DHCP, Router Web Interface goes bad

This is a discussion on Disable DHCP, Router Web Interface goes bad within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just had my Sky talk and BB connected this afternoon, all is good with the line and BB thankfully, however...... ...

benlove79 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Disable DHCP, Router Web Interface goes bad

Just had my Sky talk and BB connected this afternoon, all is good with the line and BB thankfully, however......

I have switched off DHCP on the router as I don't need it and due to the fact the the routers DHCP options are very limited. When DHCP is enabled the routers web interface is fine I can navigate around to all pages no problem, but when DHCP is switched off the routers web interface becomes very slow and unresponsive and some of the pages, such as applying a wireless mac address list changes simply do not work, occasionally some pages will also display wrong as thought the html (or whatever it uses has gone wrong).

Question is has any one else had this issue when switching off DHCP on the router? If so is there a fix such as a firmware update?

Just to confirm I have an MS DHCP server on my LAN and have accessed the router and seen issues from both dynamically and statically assigned IP addresses (wireless and wired).

Sky tech support were uninterested as I've 'hacked' my router

Router info:
      System Details
      Manufacturer Sagemcom
      Model Number F@ST2504n
      Firmware Version 5.23.1a4N
      ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b

Many thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Disable DHCP, Router Web Interface goes bad

The slow web interface was a complaint with the 2304N, even with DHCP switched on, I don't know if this carried over to the later model. Maybe Scubbie knows?

I have switched off DHCP in the V1 and 2 routers with no problems, don't have the latest Sagems.

Sky tech support were uninterested as I've 'hacked' my router
      There are a great many on here who would be interested in how you have done this, if you don't mind sharing

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Disable DHCP, Router Web Interface goes bad

As Tom has mentioned, I found the User Interface to be painfully slow and things only got worse with the latest updates. It would take around 40 seconds to apply a setting in the Wireless Access List initially, after the update this time rocketed.

Personally I would suggest that you consider an alternative method that should work well:

• Reset the Sagem.
      • Disable the WiFi
      • Set your server's address in the router's DMZ settings
      • Connect only the server to the router
      • Share the connection via a 2nd LAN port and a WiFi adaptor on the server

This would bypass the Sagem's DHCP server and anything else on the router.

An alternative would be to use your own ADSL router (replacing the Sagem 2304n) or Cable router (connected similarly in the above manner).

As for the Sagem 2504N, I have no idea how this compares to the Sagem 2304n as I haven't tried it. It is promising that to date there have been few complaints about it though.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms